Snow Watch!

trekka

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Tommy Shaffeknacker (may well be incorrectly spelt :winkold:) has just said that tomorrow night they are forecasting -25 for some parts of the wilds of Scotland

Minus 22.3 last night in Altnaharra :shock:

Been crazy in Leeds/Bradford today. I got up at 6.00 am to take my daughter to work, and it was fine - roads totally clear. But on a hunch I decided to work from home. Good call. It started snowing at about 9.00 and dumped about 6" of snow. University graduation ceremony was called off and postponed until next summer (nice for the parents who've come from Singapore, Nigeria, etc.) All staff sent home at midday. Meanwhile, the missus is on a bus that has travelled about 50 yards in the last hour. I'm sitting by the fire. Nice.

We're expecting a big dumping tonight. BBC Weather has us down for heavy snow for much of tonight and well into tomorrow down here on the South Coast. Warnings came out at work for those having to travel away from the immediate area to do so ASAP (this was at 2pm ish) and we've already been told to expect the site to be shut tomorrow so make sure we have taken home plenty of work to do :D

Snow day - yay!

Â