Snow Watch!

trekka

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if it's causing any problems on the lichfield/reddicth line?

Just got the train to work and back.

Way there was on time, way back was about 5 minutes late.

Was it bad in Four Oaks ?

Well it was technically Mere Green so basically the same. It wasn't too bad. I think it'll just be the same as everywhere else. The main roads were fine, but the side roads seemed pretty bad.

Just in from a trip to Aldridge - the roads change as soon as you get to Walsall council's jurisdiction - no grit whatsoever.

Barr Beacon is like a ski slope with cars sliding away down it and it's chaos at the top where half a dozen bus drivers have decided that discretion is the better part of valour and just dumped the busses.

Took me 40 minutes to get up the hill in the traffic and ice.

Just in from a trip to Aldridge - the roads change as soon as you get to Walsall council's jurisdiction - no grit whatsoever.

Barr Beacon is like a ski slope with cars sliding away down it and it's chaos at the top where half a dozen bus drivers have decided that discretion is the better part of valour and just dumped the busses.

Took me 40 minutes to get up the hill in the traffic and ice.

Yep I live around there and from around 4pm there were queues of traffic to get up the hill on Beacon Rd till around 8pm when it had mostly cleared, total mayhem!

Anyone know if it's causing any problems on the lichfield/reddicth line?

Just got the train to work and back.

Way there was on time, way back was about 5 minutes late.

Was it bad in Four Oaks ?

Well it was technically Mere Green so basically the same. It wasn't too bad. I think it'll just be the same as everywhere else. The main roads were fine, but the side roads seemed pretty bad.

You work near where i live.. :D like you said it's not bad now, main roads are fine but side roads are really bad..

Kingstanding/Great Barr hasn't got it coming down but it's turned the roads into a nightmare. The road outside our house has been jammed since about 4.30 with people slowly making their way up it. The buses going up verges on hilarious.

Kingstanding/Great Barr hasn't got it coming down but it's turned the roads into a nightmare. The road outside our house has been jammed since about 4.30 with people slowly making their way up it. The buses going up verges on hilarious.

Your right mate its terrible round here. Even the main roads that have supposedly been gritted were a nightmare when I was on my way home from work from Sutton to Great Barr. It took me a hour and a half to get 5 miles.

Seen loads of rear wheel drive cars, mainly BMWs, sliding all over the place and simply not being able to get up some very minor hills.

Putting into context how bad the roads round here are, my brother lives fairly close and reckoned it took him longer to pick up his missus from Perry Barr and get back to theirs (10 min journey max at rush hour on a normal day) than it did for him to travel back from Leicester beforehand. To say he wasn't impressed is an understatement ;).

And my mom getting home is usually a 5 minute trip, took 5 times that.

Seems pretty much the whole area has seen it's roads turn to sheet ice.

Yeah it has it took my dad 1.5 hrs to get from Aston area to Great Barr usually 20mins in normal evening rush hour and a mate also took similar time from similar place and then went to Milton Keynes this evening and got there quicker than he got home.

Everywhere is pure ice, so many people skidding and not stopping when coming down hills!

Wow, looks like I chose the best time to go on holiday, it's 26 degrees here, should be getting up to the High 30's later. Right I'm off to the beach, I didn't travell all this way to browse VT!

Don't mind me asking but where are you now?

Â