World Cup Host 2022  

56 members have voted

1. 1. World Cup Host 2022

• Qatar
    • USA
    • South Korea
    • Australia
    • Japan

on a side note; does booze even exist over there? can't see many european fans wanting to go at all

Yes it does but there are only two ways of obtaining it. From the Qatar Distribution Company that is a store hard to find way out in the arse end of the city or in some of the hotels. Many of the hotels are totally dry. If you buy booze from the QDC you need a licence to do so and can only transport it directly home and must consume it there.

If you have friends holding a party it would be technically illegal to take booze from your house to theirs.

The hotels are very expensive to stay in and so is the booze, if you can get it.

The wiki info on the Qatar WC bid is here

Apparently they will allow alcohol to be sold at "fan sites" during the tournament and the stadiums will be enclosed and air conditioned to 20 degrees, the power supposedly comming from solar panels.

Also, they will allow Israel to compete if they qualify which is nice of them, though it doesn't mention if they will allow Israeli fans to enter the country.

A Faroe Isles bid would be fantastic. In the spirit of taking the WC around the world I see no problem, plus they've got themselves a bit of oil recently haven't they?

Let's start up the facebook campaign ( it's the only way these days y'know )

Qatar beat USA 14-8 in the fourth round of voting, but almost claimed it in the first round.

First round: Australia 1, Japan 3, USA 3, Korea Republic 4, Qatar 11

I actually think this could be the single biggest indicator of corruption throughout the whole thing.

11 Votes to Qatar. Underdogs usually scrape a win, not trounce the opponent like that.

I read Qatar is smaller than Birmingham

Depends on your definition of Birmingham, but if you include Solihull and Sandwell (parts of the Black Country) then yes it is smaller by population.

By area its about the same size as the West Midlands.

Im pretty stoked that Qatar is getting it though. Best TV times for us (2 hour time difference in the summer) and there will be mad crazy stadiums built. I really like the idea that after the World Cup the Stadiums will be taken down and given to other countries who dont have the infrastructure. That is **** awesome.

:shock: :shock: :shock: A world cup in a country smaller then Birmingham. Also FIFA state you can't have more then 2 stadiums in any city. But if Qatar is that small, then they will have like 6 in 1 city. What a joke. I dont think this is the end of this. I can see a turnaround. Mark my words.

:shock: :shock: :shock: A world cup in a country smaller then Birmingham. Also FIFA state you can't have more then 2 stadiums in any city. But if Qatar is that small, then they will have like 6 in 1 city. What a joke. I dont think this is the end of this. I can see a turnaround. Mark my words.

Qatar isn't smaller than Birmingham, but the capital Doha is half the size of Birmingham - Doha are having 6 of the 12 stadiums for the World Cup.

Depends on your definition of Birmingham, but if you include Solihull and Sandwell (parts of the Black Country) then yes it is smaller by population.

By area its about the same size as the West Midlands.

Im pretty stoked that Qatar is getting it though. Best TV times for us (2 hour time difference in the summer) and there will be mad crazy stadiums built. I really like the idea that after the World Cup the Stadiums will be taken down and given to other countries who dont have the infrastructure. That is **** awesome.

Will be a weird world cup.

Â