1. 1. World Cup Host 2022

• Qatar
    • USA
    • South Korea
    • Australia
    • Japan

Population of Qatar = 1696563

Combined capacity of world cup stadiums = 542780

Roughly a third of there population to fill the stadiums and I can't see that many people flying to Qatar.

Shittest world cup ever.

I am sure if they get beaten into mosques (perhaps that is only Saudi) they can beat them to watch Israel vs Greece

Roughly a third of there population to fill the stadiums and I can't see that many people flying to Qatar.

Shittest world cup ever.

It's actually more like half their population. I'm sure that figure is the total population which includes the immigrant workers.

Shittest world cup ever.

It's actually more like half their population. I'm sure that figure is the total population which includes the immigrant workers.

Well I was using the wikipedia census figures.

Congratulations to the winners. Commiserations to those idiots that thought this was about putting together a decent bid.

I love the idea of having the World Cup in Qatar, the beeb should put their commentary box on a temporary tower - from where they can see every single ground.

Shittest world cup ever.

Well I was using the wikipedia census figures.

Well if Wiki is your huckleberry:

In April 2001, the country had a growing population of approximately 907,229 people,[9] of whom approximately 350,000 were believed to be citizens.[28].

The majority of the estimated 550,000 non-citizens are individuals from South and South East Asian and Arab countries working on temporary employment contracts in most cases without their accompanying family members. Most foreign workers and their families live near the major employment centers of Doha, Al Khor, Mesaieed, and Dukhan.

The figures speak for themselves.

**** me, I can't believe that we got 1 miserable vote. Devastated. I know that FIFA are a currupt bunch of egotistical old pricks, but that is frankly ridiculous. and I hope Sepp Blatter gets bombed, he is a word removed.

I didn't expect to win it but seriously 1 **** vote!!

I mean the fact that we are in winter when the cup is played, have top class stadiums and that we have most of the infrastructure in place earns you 1 **** vote!!

Congrats for buying the votes I hope Qatar **** it up big time.

Real shame the Aussies didn't get it. I think they'd have done a great job. This time last week they were well fancied. To only get one vote is as shocking as England only getting two.

Could probably understand had they have lost out to the Yanks but to lose out to a country half the size of Wales with only three cities and a climate not conducive with playing footie at that time of year is unbelievable.

They clearly offered up the most money to Fifa then. As to how Fifa could pass on the US is beyond me really. I know it hasnt been thatl ong since they last hosted. But as the article in the paper here today said the average attendence would be 76,000 per match. Lots of $$ to be made by Fifa as American is now real Football crazy and hungry for more. I can see Qatar being problem ridden event due to the heat alone....

Im pretty stoked that Qatar is getting it though. Best TV times for us (2 hour time difference in the summer) and there will be mad crazy stadiums built. I really like the idea that after the World Cup the Stadiums will be taken down and given to other countries who dont have the infrastructure. That is **** awesome.

Yes well I imagine the offer of a free stadium would have been pretty persuasive when deciding which bid to vote for...

Â