1. 1. World Cup Host 2022

• Qatar
    • USA
    • South Korea
    • Australia
    • Japan

Unfortunately it will be Australia.

I hope it's Qatar though.

Why? They have shit infrastructure? It will ALL have to be built from scratch and the only things tourists will be able to do is walk around shopping centres owing to the 50 degree temperatures outside.

For me, there is only one choice in all of this - Australia. Don't get me wrong, I'd love an excuse to go to the States again but 1994 wasn't that long ago... Same with Japan. South Korea might not exist by 2022 so it's a bit premature :lol:

If Japan, Korea or USA get it and we dont get 2018, then there is something seriously, seriously wrong with FIFA.

Infact, if any of these 3 nations get it then it will be a disgrace.

Australia for me, by a distance. Qatar, cant buy it im afraid, and hiring Zidane isnt impressing me either.

Unfortunately it will be Australia.

I hope it's Qatar though.

Why? They have shit infrastructure? It will ALL have to be built from scratch and the only things tourists will be able to do is walk around shopping centres owing to the 50 degree temperatures outside.

For me, there is only one choice in all of this - Australia. Don't get me wrong, I'd love an excuse to go to the States again but 1994 wasn't that long ago... Same with Japan. South Korea might not exist by 2022 so it's a bit premature :lol:

Why don't I want it to be Australia? Well, its currently 10am here in England. It's 9pm in Sydney. It's 8:30pm in Adelaide. It's 6pm in Perth. When the World Cup is on I like to gorge on football. I dont want to sleep through half the games. I dont want to have to get up at 7am to watch England play and I dont want the World Cup Final to kick off at lunchtime.

Qatar can schedule games for European TV audiences very easily. And they may have some cool space age stadiums!

Think its probably to do with the way that the WC "Visits" different continents each time. i.e. it has to come to Europe in 2018, as it wont have been there for 12 years. After which, it then has to go to another continent.

Obviously the time zone thing is all relative. Considering it's Worlc Cup and not the Euro championships it would be nice for countries in the Asian time zones - which represent massive numbers in terms of TV viewership of football - to have an opportunity to watch matches in their waking hours and even get the chance to travel less than 6 hours on a plane to watch a World Cup match. So fair's fair really. You guys can "gorge" on football for the next 11.5 years, and we'll take 6 weeks of gorging, and you lot can have it again for the next 12 years or so...

Â