maqroll

WC 2018 Host  

105 members have voted

1. 1. WC 2018 Host

• England
    • Spain-Portugal
    • Russia
    • Belgium-Netherlands

From the first few pages of the thread, most of the people were expecting Russia to win the bid anyway, so I don't get why there's so much ranting now?

Anyway, what goes into a WC bid? Someone mentioned here that a whole lot of money was wasted on the bid. Apart from the necessary expenditure on logistics such as flying over for the bid and publicity materials, I can't see what else needs spending on. What have I missed out?

Anyway, what goes into a WC bid? Someone mentioned here that a whole lot of money was wasted on the bid. Apart from the necessary expenditure on logistics such as flying over for the bid and publicity materials, I can't see what else needs spending on. What have I missed out?

About £430 million according to TalkSport this afternoon.

**** FIFA, the FA should grow some bollocks and pull out of it.

Sepp Blatter, you're a dirty cheating word removed, and I hope something really nasty happens to you real soon.

rocket polisher!

As the poll is still open, im going to go with Russia. They may not be the most profitable bid (official), be the best techincal bid (official) and be the highest risk bid (official), but god damn, the Vodka is tasty and the bribes beautiful. Theyre a dead cert to win!

What does the way this has been decided tell us about the way that the tournaments themselves are conducted, about Italy versus Korea, about the home nation always doing well, about Nike and Adidas and celebrity and television money and gambling syndicates and Utd not having three men sent off and the Sky four and the big clubs miracle relegation escape and all of it?

I'm finding it harder and harder to believe.

Would be a bit churlish to pull out of FIFA just cause we didn't win

But clearly something went on , whether it was Roman buying it for Russia who can say for sure

Maybe the Russian bid was just better than ours. ......

:shock:

:crylaugh:

What does the way this has been decided tell us about the way that the tournaments themselves are conducted, about Italy versus Korea, about the home nation always doing well, about Nike and Adidas and celebrity and television money and gambling syndicates and Utd not having three men sent off and the Sky four and the big clubs miracle relegation escape and all of it?

I'm finding it harder and harder to believe.

Sadly I cannot agree more

Why can't the whole world just pull out of FIFA and every country invent a fair governing body for football together, which there would not be a base, and then just leave Sepp Blatter and his colleagues in charge of nothing at all.

It would only take a few major footballing nations to force everbody else to follow.

For example, if England, Brazil and Argentina make up a new governing body, then others would follow.

However, I don't really understand how all this stuff works, and I doubt many do.

Well I feel sorry for England, I personally thought that Spain/Portugal would have been an amazing place to have the world cup seeing as they already have some great stadiums and good infrastructure but thought england was most suited to hosting a world cup. But seriously 2 votes thats just not right. As an Aussie i feel just as screwed over as you guys, its not losing that hurts, its losing to the most corrupt bid.

Oh well I guess its time to not bother with international games.

Looking at all the bids for both 2018 and 2022 world cups in a logical way, I thought it was out of England or Spain/Portugal for 2018, but England would get it because Portugal have recently held a major football competition and England hasn't hosted a world cup since 1966, and I thought the 2022 world cup was going to be hosted by either USA or Australia, but probably Australia as they've never hosted a world cup before.

You just get a massive feeling of 'What's the point?'

I think to create a new governing body would be an immense task so very unlikely to happen. Pulling out of FIFA would also almost certainly mean our clubs get booted out of the Champions League and Europa League so again, not ideal.

I'm still fuming about this decision. When you think back as far as our away game in the Caribbean a couple of years ago. That was purely to secure Jack Warners vote. We should cancel the planned away game in Thailand.

I say let the British tabloid press do their worst, they'll all have skeletons in their closets. Lets shame the executive committee and SB into quitting.

I just can't stand Blatter, he's a slimey sod, even when he started talking about the motherland of football, well if its the motherland of football and the most diverse game in this country than any other. Just can't believe it that in my lifetime i will not see the World Cup in this country which is an absolute disgrace and going to Qatar, what association do they have to football apart from throwing billions of their oil money at it. Anyway will they adopt the Sharia Law to fans, did you consider that Sepp?

Â