105 members have voted

1. 1. WC 2018 Host

• England
    • Spain-Portugal
    • Russia
    • Belgium-Netherlands

Personally think Russia.

Should be us though, by a distance.

Wouldnt surprise me really, considering Russia did get the Olympic bid and at the time maybe 25% of what was needed was there. They simply are going to build an entire Olympic city. Prob would do the same if they won the WC bid.

Shouldn't be Russia at all! Think their miles behind and saying that we do have a large eastern european contingent in this country so it shouldn't make a difference, that's what is great about this country we have so many different societies where no-one is judged but as Trent says, it won't be us.

It's a bit like the Eurovision Song Contest, a complete waste of time of us entering but at least we should get 12points from Ireland next time :P

England. Think the media are overplaying the panorama crap just so when we win we go " oh my God it was CAMERON what won it for us!! which will be depressing.

Pretty sure on all that medium low risk stuff, Russia weren't rated highly for transport / Geography ( admittedly the latter's a bit harsh )

England. Think the media are overplaying the panorama crap just so when we win we go " oh my God it was CAMERON what won it for us!! which will be depressing.

Pretty sure on all that medium low risk stuff, Russia weren't rated highly for transport / Geography ( admittedly the latter's a bit harsh )

It's not really about transport though is it? By all accounts the transport in South Africa was utterly appalling. They had no real public transport networks, every city centre was completely gridlocked and there were 500-1000 mile trips for fans to make between each game. How many miles did England fans have to cover to see us play? Rustenburg to Cape Town is like John O'Groats to Lands End. Cape Town to Port Elizabeth is like Southampton to Edinburgh. Port Elizabeth to Bloemfontein is like London to Glasgow. It was a hell of a trek for people to make in a country with no real motorway or rail network. Its pretty clear FIFA dont give a **** about transport if the host country is willing to let them hold the World Cup there tax free like South Africa did. Is Britain going to allow the World Cup to be held in England and not charge FIFA any tax on the profits? Highly unlikely. Will Russia?

I'm fairly confident it will come to England though but will never rule out the Russians corrupting everyone and buying the votes ..Spain seem to have done a few deals of their own as well ..

saying that we've done our own bit of vote buying haven't we ? I thought Warners vote was the key one that would carry the vote for us .. and we wined and dined him and sent our team out for a friendly so I see no reason why he wont give us his vote

" oh my God it was CAMERON what won it for us!! which will be depressing.

Nah everyone knows it will be One Direction that win it for us :shock:

Its a difficult one.

First thought says, "We invented football, we host a league which is championed to be the best about, our fans are apparently the best in the world, and we havent hosted it since what will be 52 years etc etc, Ergo we DESERVE the world cup".

But unfortunately it was this kind of thinking along with the "Football's coming home" slogan that lost us the bidding for the 2006 World Cup.

It's not really about transport though is it? By all accounts the transport in South Africa was utterly appalling. They had no real public transport networks, every city centre was completely gridlocked and there were 500-1000 mile trips for fans to make between each game. How many miles did England fans have to cover to see us play? Rustenburg to Cape Town is like John O'Groats to Lands End. Cape Town to Port Elizabeth is like Southampton to Edinburgh. Port Elizabeth to Bloemfontein is like London to Glasgow. It was a hell of a trek for people to make in a country with no real motorway or rail network. Its pretty clear FIFA dont give a **** about transport if the host country is willing to let them hold the World Cup there tax free like South Africa did. Is Britain going to allow the World Cup to be held in England and not charge FIFA any tax on the profits? Highly unlikely. Will Russia?

A fair summing up on the transport issues that SA faced Nays, but they did a lot of work, which was very much to the benefit of the country after the World Cup. The issue with travel to Russia is that its just impossible to get any sort of Visa to get in there and when you do its costs a bloody fortune. The costs of living there are very high in the big cities and infrastructure like hotels etc are very poor so would need massive investment. There is a crime element, as there was in SA, that needs to be considered, plus the old "brown envelope" is king for a lot of deals so again that would need to be considered when deciding if they could run a World Cup.

I would go as far as saying England could host a world cup next week if needed, given the grounds and hotels and transport etc. It is the home of football and its a disgrace that it has not been played here for so long.

It wont be us. FIFA and Blatter will do their upmost to seek a reason why NOT to give it us.

If we were to have hosted one, surely we would have by now.?

FIFA have an agenda, and its usually enforced by an anti england Hysteria.

It's certaintly difficult not to think that way, whether or not there's any truth in it.

Â