maqroll

WC 2018 Host  

105 members have voted

1. 1. WC 2018 Host

• England
    • Spain-Portugal
    • Russia
    • Belgium-Netherlands

I really, really, incredibly hate football right about now.

This is where I am right now.

I genuinly (stupidly) thought that the law of averages would dictate that today might have been a good day.

The Guardian has posted eight 'Defeated England's Villains'.

One of them includes our fans:

Aston Villa and Birmingham City fans

Staged a right old tear-up the day before decision day. Who needs El Clasico? Come to England and get a palette through the head. Come to England and we will do you. A strangely resistible offer.

What a load of horse shit!

I usually like the Guardian's football section, but this is irritating to say the least. To be labelled like that as an Aston Villa fan, due to some idiot's immediate overreaction to losing the World Cup bid, is not on.

Am I alone in not giving a **** if a bid will "improve a countries infrastructure and bring lasting benefits to the country" this is a **** football competition not a charity. The bid that wins should be the bid most able to successfully put on a large scale tournament, not the one that's got the best sob story. It's bad enough when they pull out the sob stories on **** x factor why do they have to do it with football as well?

Having a shit country shouldn't be a positive reason for hosting a world **** cup.

Well if I do watch the 2022 World Cup, I'll be sitting drinking alcohol with a scantily clad woman in balmy temperatures, saying "**** you Qatar"

The bid floundered and stuttered from the start. It's gutting, but Russia somehow won a majority of votes, FIFA is rotten to the core and doesn't represent the true interests of football. I just hope the UK press turn their venom onto that utterly corrupt organisation.

The reaction to Abramovich will be interesting or are the media too scared of him?

Some of the Chelsea fans who follow England always try and big up how their club is a big contributor to the England team etc, being funded by a man who has invested billions in buying a world cup is an interesting thing for them to be happy with

Am I alone in not giving a **** if a bid will "improve a countries infrastructure and bring lasting benefits to the country" this is a **** football competition not a charity.

This is the nail hit firmly on the head for me.

I just heard that by going out in Round one in meant that we only got 4 out of 22 votes. And one of those was our own, so 3 really.

WTF!? Well doesn't that just tell you all you need to know that this wasn't about football. Bollox to it. And I hate blues fans. Vermin.

From the Guardian:

After much discussion about the British media's role hurting the 2018 bid. David Tiltman emails:

Here's a ranking of today's bidding countries according to where they appear on the current Press Freedom Index:

Netherlands (3)/Belgium (14)

Japan (12)

Australia (18)

England (19 as part of UK)

USA (20)

Spain (39)/Portugal (40)

South Korea (42)

Qatar (120)

Russia (140)

Interesting, given Fifa's issues with the press recently

From the Guardian:

After much discussion about the British media's role hurting the 2018 bid. David Tiltman emails:

Here's a ranking of today's bidding countries according to where they appear on the current Press Freedom Index:

Netherlands (3)/Belgium (14)

Japan (12)

Australia (18)

England (19 as part of UK)

USA (20)

Spain (39)/Portugal (40)

South Korea (42)

Qatar (120)

Russia (140)

Interesting, given Fifa's issues with the press recently

I know Australia can be hot at times, but a smiley face with sun glasses?

Â