Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the second half we saw glimpses of what he is capable of. That was the first time I've seen him look 'decent' since signing in a competitive match. He needs to carry on what he is doing and hopefully he will improve and be the player we need him to be! 90mins twice in a week? Sharpness will be improving!

Very good second half, but I thought he stank in the first half.

Hope he starts next match.

Because in the 1st half we sat deep, in the 2nd half we tried to play football. Play football and players like Bannan, N'Zogbia, Bent and Ireland will shine...Sit deep and they will rot...The question is, has McLeish learnt this from the game of 2 halves today? Or is he still clueless?

He's got no confidence at all. And what's worse is it doesn't seem to bother him

Where you watching a different game? He looked pretty bothered today

He looked tentative and reluctant again. Maybe I missed the closeups of his scowls of displeasure, but it seems like he's still mailing it in.

Because in the 1st half we sat deep, in the 2nd half we tried to play football. Play football and players like Bannan, N'Zogbia, Bent and Ireland will shine...Sit deep and they will rot...The question is, has McLeish learnt this from the game of 2 halves today? Or is he still clueless?

Agree, hopefully we can play like we did in the second half from the start next week.

He's got no confidence at all. And what's worse is it doesn't seem to bother him

Where you watching a different game? He looked pretty bothered today

He didn't appear overly bothered to me either. If only he played with Bannan's attitude, he might achieve something.

Thought Ireland was good today and doesn't deserve to lose his place IMO. Still doesn't look 100% yet but he was tidy in possesion and put himself about a bit

second half was good for us, he passed it well and played some neat first touch stuff. shoudl deffo start for us.

100% :thumb:

I felt a bit sorry for him today, there were times when he found space and never got the the ball when he was clearly in threatening positions. You could sense his frustration. Ireland thrives when we get it down and pass it, that wasn't happening much today. I do hope he starts again, hopefully at wigan.

Spot on.

He didn't appear overly bothered to me either. If only he played with Bannan's attitude, he might achieve something.

he did seem bothered to me. he was gettinga nnoyed when decisions were not going our way at times. i thought ireland was good today. n zogbia and albrightoin were shite