Ratings and reactions

OutByEaster?

Might send my 10quid ticket back for next week after that performance!!

Don't be so pathetic.

I was being sarcastic mate.. jeez

The rest of your post seemed pretty serious. I'm not a mindreader, mate.

Dont know if you noticed but we just got humiliated by a team thats just come up from the championship - the rest of the post was serious, as are the rest of them that people are putting up about this shambolic performance.

Might send my 10quid ticket back for next week after that performance!!

Don't be so pathetic.

I was being sarcastic mate.. jeez

The rest of your post seemed pretty serious. I'm not a mindreader, mate.

Dont know if you noticed but we just got humiliated by a team thats just come up from the championship - the rest of the post was serious, as are the rest of them that people are putting up about this shambolic performance.

Did I comment on the points you were making in the rest of your post?

No. So stop taking offence. I'm as gutted as the next Villa fan. My post was on your comment about "might send my £10 ticket back". Like I said, stop taking offence.

It wasn't offside. unfortunately it was the right decision.

i didnt think so, absolutely no movement towards the ball from his arm, really unlucky decision, one of them where if that was in the box not in a month of sundays would he have awarded a pen

carew, freidel and warnock get the brunt of my anger, worst of a **** useless bunch

2nd half was as bad as i can remember, no passion or anything else you can say, not even a bad tackle or a kick in the air out of anger, we made newcastle look like world beaters

Friedel - 2. 1 good save looked shot, and should have done batter with at least 2 of the goals.

Young L. - 2. 3 or 4 time he was caught behind the defensive line. Bring back Cuellar.

Warnick - 2. I have to say, probably my least favourite Villa player at the moment. I just think He's rubbish, another £7 million wasted IMO.

Dunne - 1. Wow what a bad day at the office that was. I expect more from Dunny.

Clark - 2. If he was injured, K Mac hasn't a clue. Davies should have played. Being a Premiership manager is no time for sentiment

Albrighton - 2. Long week for Mark. Should have rested him today, or midweek.

Petrov - 2. As bad a game ive seen him have.

Ireland -4. Played in the wrong position and his first game, so i went easy on him. Showed some glimpses, but certainly no James Milner.

Downing - 1. Can you carry pussys on the pitch?

Young - 6. MOTM. Our only real performer, let down by a terrible team around him.

Carew - 0.

Should have played

Friedel

Young, Davies, Dunne, Warnock

Downing, Petrov, NRC, Young

-------------Ireland------------

---------------Carew----------

But with the individual mistakes, we still would have lost.

I said Carroll would cause us problems. I didn't expect he'd cause quite so many. It just became laughable in the end. It was almost maniacal laughter from me as the 4th, 5th & 6th went in.

The fault today I'm afraid lies at K-Mac's door. The team selection was too adventurous. We almost played a 4-1-5 with Petrov having to do the work of 2 men. Secondary to that was the fact that Ireland is not match fit, so even if he can do what he was asked to do, he can't do it at this stage of the season. Maybe he will do better in that role in a month's time with some matches under his belt but at the moment it was too much too soon. I'd also suggest that with having 3 central midfielders, 2 of them need to have defensive discipline. Young & Ireland didn't do enough for Petrov. This resulted in us getting over-run in midfield resulting in the defence being over-exposed, which caused it's own problems. Apart from the individual mistakes by Clark & Dunne that led to 2 of the goals I thought they were positionally very good. They just got no help from the midfield.

I thought Downing and Albrighton were almost anonymous and I thought Ashley Young was the only one to come out of the game with any real credit. Warnock uncharacteristically went missing although that was when we were chasing the game so it can possibly be forgiven. Friedel just showed yet again that stuff is starting to bounce off him rather than stick - and that his reactions are going. I think this is the year he needs to hang up the gloves. I've been getting that impression in every game I've seen him in. He might still be a good keeper but I feel he will no longer win us points that we wouldn't have gotten normally.

Events did conspire aswell though. Missing the penalty was a massive momentum shift and it could all have been so different. We were the better team in the 1st half and it was slightly surreal to be 3-0 down at the break. I even thought we were still in it at that point if we'd gotten an early goal in the 2nd half.

All in all a very bad day at the office that can largely be rectified with a more reasoned formation and personnel choice. Just as we're not as good as the 3-0 West Ham win, we're not as bad as today's 6-0 loss. There are some games you don't want to have to play each season. Being Newcastle's first home opponents of the season is one of those. Oh well, roll on Thursday.

What BOF said.

Last week, there were signs of profligacy in front of goal and serious defensive frailties. Today there were glimpses of great attacking play.

It will take a while for the team to find its balance, something that's off without Milner.

Also just perhaps Newcastle were spurred on by the fact the last time we played them we relegated them.

Basically KMac gambled and lost badly.

I'm getting loads of shit on facebook.

Not happy..

No sympathy mate if you've "friended" non Villa fans!

Me moms side are all Wolves and Baggies, and a couple of nose/baggies mates that I work with.

It's gonna be a long season I fear.

Cry me a river. I work in an office full of Geordies :cry:

You have to have two holders. Anyone who goes to the games will tell you Milner used to bail Petrov out. Which he's supposed to do. But as has been alluded to already with gusto Stewart Downing buckles very quick and big time. Against Valencia he jumped out of a tackle like he'd stood on a cobra. A friendly I know but a game where he was heralded by many.

We're a pretty discerning lot as Villa fans and why they didnt go and get Flamini I dont know. Its not rocket science.

NB Please dont come back with bloody wages there's a balance.

Would have shipped less goals with Cuellar at right back. Now go ahead and get angry at me.

I agree, it was Chelsea all over again when just who was playing right back???? I have to say ive never been impressed with Luke at right back, although i have thought he was good when played left back.

I just hope Carlos and Collins are both back by next week.

The mind absolutely boggles how we can go from one of the best performances I've seen us put in in recent times to perhaps one of the worst and most embarrassing of all time. Utter disgrace.

It would suggest that MacDonald's wavering on his decision has affected their heads. 6-0 to Newcastle means they just mailed it in and weren't focused.

Time to find an experienced manager who actually wants the job, and hopefully they find that man before Everton.

Really disappointing result today, and against those scrubs, too. :shock:

I only blame MON for this.thanks to his shit players.
Did he pick the team or tactics today?

Also if it is MONS fault because they are his players then how come we didn't get mullered every week he was here or put in performances like that? The fact that we finished 6th and beat all of the top four with such shite players must be real testament to his managerial ability ?

I only blame MON for this.thanks to his shit players.
Did he pick the team or tactics today?

Also if it is MONS fault because they are his players then how come we didn't get mullered every week he was here or put in performances like that? The fact that we finished 6th and beat all of the top four with such shite players must be real testament to his managerial ability ?

I don't agree with your views on the board but completly agree with this.

I mean, Small job is saying our players are shit, O'Neill's tactics and motivational skills are apparently shit according to him, so how in hell did we finish 6th 3 years in a row?

Last week, Smalljob was saying how good we were and how different we played, err apart from Milner, it's the same players you idiot.

I don't think its quite sank in yet! How can you go from playing the best in years one week to playing the worst in years the next? We simply went far too attacking. Ireland can't play in a 2 man midfield! He needs to play further up, it's him or ash, not both. We need a new CM.

I think we need 2 CM's. I have said pretty much for the whole of the time Petrov has been here that he is not good enough. We can't play 4-4-2 because we have Petrov in the team and it does not matter who plays with him. We need a defensive midfielder behind him and an attacking mid infront of him. This being the case why the hell do we need him? Fletcher and Scholes cope, Lampard and Essien cope, Fabregas and anyone of many cope, Gerrard and Mascerano cope,Felliani and Cahill cope, bloody Huddersfield and Palacio cope.

Petrov and one other does not work which makes Petrov a luxory. It's like taking a bar of dairy milk to the jungle. It may be nice to have, but in context it is bloody useless.

I donFirst half 3-0 was actually acceptable. Just Newcastle had 3 shots, scored 3. Disappointing yes but at least I thought we didn't play badly at all, Young dissalowed goal, Carew penalty, bit of luck and we go in at half-time level or maybe even winning.

The second half however was an absolute shambles, single worst half of football I've witness from an Aston Villa side. Truely desperate and completly out-played and dominated in all areas of the pitch.

Right, I've calmed down now.

Friedel - 4 - Showed his age.

L. Young - 4 - Awful game

Clark - 4 - Alot to learn

Warnock - 4 - 3 games in a row he's been complete shite now

Before I carry on, a quick note on the defence. Their wayward passing and hoofing put unneccessary pressure on us today. We're missing Collins to keep everyone on their toes and give the opposition centre forwards some stick. That geordie centre forward would've had no joy had Collins been playing today. Collins would have flattened him during the first 10 minutes and it would've been game over. Dunney is a cracking centre half, but he's more in the mould of God in that he's brilliant at last ditch challenges and covering. He's not a sort of 'lionheart' in the Laursen mould, which is what we needed today. On todays evidence, Clark is way off where Cahill was when he left., but I don't want to be too hard on him. He's very, very young for a premier league centre half.

Ireland - 6 - Looks assured on the ball, tried to thread some good balls through and seems to have some stamina.

Downing - 3 - Looks worse than he did 8 months ago when coming back from injury, Should be dropped for Reo-Coker.

Albrighton - 4 - Not in the game. Got no joy from his left back.

Young - 6 - At least he appeared to give a shit and and had a goal wrongly ruled out.

Petrov - 5 - Needs someone else to help him. Simply does not have the engine to run a midfield.

A quick note on the midfield: 4-4-1-1 is all well and good, but our midfield 4 is far too light weight. It needs a grafter in there like NRC to keep things ticking over. Personally I think Downing has to be left out of the next few games. He needs a serious kick up the arse and also needs to grow a pair and put a shift in, track back, and get stuck in.

Carew - 4 - People slagged him off last week and I defended him as I thought apart from scoring he did well. Today, though, his performance was indefensible. Truly awful. H really is the ultimate paradox. If he's up for it, he's unplayable. If not, bloody awful.

Ref - 3 - Had Ash's goal not been ruled out, things could've been so different.

K-Mac - 2 - If you're managing a team thats 3 nil down with 25 minutes to go, and you look at your bench and think 'how can I turn this round?', and you decide the best option is to bring Emile Heskey on, and then stick him out on the right wing, then you're asking for trouble.

Friedel, Warnock & Downing are serious problems and have been for a while. Brad's reflexes are gone and he seems very reluctant to catch anything. Warnock is prone to switching off far too often and Downing is an embarrassment. Whatever about lack of form or inexperience from the kids, Downing is afraid to put his foot in for the cause, constantly disappoints me.

Â