Ratings and reactions

OutByEaster?

A 4-0 trashing is much the same as a 1-0 unlucky defeat

1. We lost 6-0. SIX fuxking nil.

2. No it's not. It's an embarassment. We've just lost 6-0 to a newly promoted team. Who are shit.

People are going to put the telly on to see the result and laugh. I'm going to go to work tomorrow and people will laugh at me.

It's not the same as losing 1-0. It's one of the worst performances I've ever seen from Villa. I'm not even overreacting. I'm usually positive about Villa, probably too positive.

There's literally nothing positive to take from this.

Sorry Stevo, I must've turned it off around the 82nd, missed the last two goals. **** me, that's terrible.

There isn't anything positive to take from losing 6-0 to a promoted team. There just isn't. But the sky isn't falling, not just yet.

This is what the media expected when Martin bailed on us. I hope we don't prove them right.

Friedel - helpless apart from Barton's goal.

Young - best of the defence

Dunne - worst I've seen him play

Clark - lightweight, not good enough yet

Warnock - where was he?

Albrighton - ran into corners

Petrov - over-run, no impact other than a negative one

Ireland - on par with Eto'o deal my arse. Looked disinterested after we went behind.

Young - best of bad bunch

Downing - just utter shite. Scared, no belief, DROP HIM!

Carew - direeeeee

This will be a very long season, I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything. I'm not really shocked to be honest.

You're not shocked at losing 6-0 to a newly promoted team?

I can understand if we lost by one or 2 goals but 6-0 is one HUGE m-fing shock.

this is why we have to get a manager in, and **** quick.

Kev Mac didn't have a clue what to do when we went 2 nil down which opened the floodgates for them..

Half time changes should have been made, maybe going back to ash/downing wingers and ireland behind carew. But oh no, nothing at all untill nearer 60 mins, which is **** heskey coming on to play on the wing.. WHAT THE **** WAS THAT!??!!

This is why Kevin Mac shouldn't be even getting considered for the job, last week we beat a poor west ham team making him look good, but his weakness was clearly shown here today, something we dont want to see again.

Might send my 10quid ticket back for next week after that performance!!

In a word, stunned.

If someone had told me that we would follow one of the best performances in years with possibly the worst I've ever seen, I would have laughed at them. I can't quite comprehend it.

I'm beyond embarrassed. Andy Carroll and Wayne Routledge. Two players who've pissed on us today. Staggering.

I don't think this performance suddenly makes us relegation or even mid-table fodder (we'll finish above Newcastle), although I'm sad to say that I think we have a couple of Championship standard players in Downing and Warnock. One who's still a complete pussy and as weak as a child, and one who's simply incompetent (and has been for quite some time now). Reinforcements needed, urgently.

Haha MON's true fans show their true hearts today..

sorry, have to laugh at you

No mate, people with common sense showed their hearts today. I wasn't a die hard MON supporter.

But your statement that you blame MON is bullshit.

You posted it looking for a reaction, and you got it. You're a wind up merchant and bloody good at it.

I'm sure we'll see a lot of over-reacting in the next week. Downing is terrible again? KM shouldn't be manager? Milner leaving means we'll get relegated? Ireland in the team made us lose 6-0? Albrighton should now be kicked back into the reserves? Friedel should be sold? etc etc etc.

I don't agree with any of it.

We lost, 3 points down, -3 goal difference. We can come back from this.

My ratings:

Friedel - 5

L Young - 5

Clark - 4

Dunne - 4

Warnock - 3

Albrighton - 5

Ireland - 6

Petrov - 5

Downing - 5

A Young - 6

Carew - 3

I thought Ireland and Ash were our best performers. But neither of them did much of note except for a few decent passes and runs.

Apart from Ash they don't really deserve ratings, but, despite the fact they have no excuses for such a gutless performance that is what our midfield looks like with a Milner shaped hole in it. Petrov didn't turn up, Albrighton tired at least but was outclassed, Downing well, what has happened to him since Boro (?) and Ireland was trying to find his feet in a new team with no direction whatsoever.

That was a total disaster but as DeadlyDirk said also a blessing in disguise. If Randy doesn't get his shit together on the manager/new player front then his asset will depreciate significantly. If for only that reason he should now be motivated to do something about it.

Comically poor performance.

Â