Ratings and reactions

OutByEaster?

Well, no point reflecting on the game, enough has been said on that already.

Two things stood out (beyond the woefull performance) for me. Firstly, seeing half the Villa fans leg it from the away end after 65 mins. I don't know quite what to make of that, good or bad.

Secondly, the abuse after the game. Because of point one above there were very few Villa fans about after the match, rightly so. I've never had so many verbals after a game before, was quite intimidating at one point but that's life I guess. They really are bitter about the relegation thing aren't they?

Finally, thanks to the ginger lad who stripped to his boxers in an attempt to avoid ejection from the ground. You brought a brief bit fun to an otherwise totally shit day.

Two things stood out (beyond the woefull performance) for me. Firstly, seeing half the Villa fans leg it from the away end after 65 mins. I don't know quite what to make of that, good or bad.

To be fair that was just terrible to watch. I watched our entire defeat to Chelsea last year and Pool the year before, but I had to switch this game off after it was 4-0. This was the worst performance i've seen by Villa and i hope to never have to see such a dreadful performance again.

To be fair that was just terrible to watch. I watched our entire defeat to Chelsea last year and Pool the year before, but I had to switch this game off after it was 4-0. This was the worst performance i've seen by Villa and i hope to never have to see such a dreadful performance again.

Turning it off is slightly different to leaving the ground though. It was pretty demoralising being left in a half empty away end as the 6th goal went in. Fair enough it is up to people if they want to leave but for me it is important to stay until the very end.

Also, does anyone know why that ginger lad stripped?! :lol: What had he done that he didn't want to be recognised for?

Having had almost a day to reflect and a very very long journey home yesterday I have come to the conclusion we were shite. Mac failed in gee-ing up the players prior to the game, we knew Newcastle wanted our blood for the manner in which they got sent down and we took the piss. They wanted revenge and revenge is what they got. They do say it's a dish best served cold, and I'm sure it tasted very sweet for Newcastle yesterday.

We didn't help our cause by starting a midfield 2 of Petrov and Ireland against the animals that are Nolan, Smith, and Barton, had disaster written all over it, Young was playing as a striker and too far up leaving us exposed in the middle, but he was the only one to shhow any desire so credit to him for that. Ireland did well for me, covered a lot of ground, and did too much of Petrovs work for him, and he was also way way too deep for me, and that again is Mac's doing, but we can't expect miracles from Ireland when Petrov was such a passenger. Ireland put some good tackles in, some nice passes, and a lot of hard work was put in by him, so I saw enough to make me believe he will be a great addition based on yesterday.

The defence was shambolic. Carroll bullied us, and for me got into Dunnes head, and Dunne seemed suprisingly overawed by the task of handling Carroll, and when your defensive leader is all at sea the rest of your defence knows this and is adversely affected as we saw yesterday. Clarke didn't have his stalwart next to him and in turn it ruined his game, and both of the full backs games. Dunne is an awesome defender, but yesterday he seemed scared of Carroll and his presence, which is the first time I have ever seen Dunney intimidated by a forward.

Going forward our wingers and Carew were abysmal. That penalty summed up his game. Mainly Carew who was given the task of holding the ball up to build our attacks, and he did not do this once. He lacked mobility, drive, and the quality yesterday. Therefore all our attacks had broken down before they started. Downing did nothing for me, not helped by the lack of forward play by Carew, but he did little when he had the ball. Albrighton was full of running and drive, and showed a lot of effort also, but a tired young kid against an experienced Jose Enrique led to him providing nothing for us, not his fault.

And as for Friedal, diabolical. Should have done better for Barton's 'wonder' strike, and was atrocious when he pushed Nolan's soft header right back into.... that's right, Nolan's path, and it was uphill from there.

Well it's done now. We have a game Thursday to take this out of our minds, hopefully yesterday was a one off, and we are at the races next week against Everton or we could be embarressed again.

Is it just me or does Petrov look like he's 'running' like a cripple out there?? Noticed it towards the end of last season, when there was a hint of an achilles injury, but he looks even worse out there this year. Last week he didn't look too bad against a woeful WH midfield, but he looked just as woeful as them against Newcastle yesterday

We need an Essien style player go give our midfield a bit of steel. Just kinda makes you realise just had much workrate Milner gave us.

Petrov seemed to be waiting for Ireland to get the ball all game - isn't that his job?!

Petrov was waiting for Ireland to get it, Ireland was waiting for Petrov to get it, and Dunne couldn't handle Andy Carroll at all. Which meant every time they had the ball they had so much time and so many options they could just stroll around us.

Reo Coker is quick and determined, but does he have the strength? If Mac thinks so, then I'd like to see Reo Coker start ahead of Petrov against Everton. If Mac doesn't think so, then we need a 5 man midfield (Ashley Young was more of a forward than a midfielder).

Â