Ratings and reactions

OutByEaster?

I'm getting loads of shit on facebook.

Not happy..

No sympathy mate if you've "friended" non Villa fans!

Me moms side are all Wolves and Baggies, and a couple of nose/baggies mates that I work with.

It's gonna be a long season I fear.

disgusted, humiliated, embarrased....

this was without doubt our worst ever result in the prem....... kev mac's chances of gettin the job are now gone....... it was a joke a **** joke......

everybody was shit apart from ashley...... wher has our defence gone???? so annoyed, roll on 606 cos im gonna seriously go mad in about an hours time......... i really feel for the supporters who made the trip up cos that was comical......

today has hurt more than 5-0 against the pool, and believe me, that hurt......

GUTTED.

Bad omen alert:

I played a pre-season friendly yesterday for a local Saturday league team. We were up against a team a couple of divisions higher who were all wearing Newcastle shirts (they'd got them on the cheap!).

Anyway, despite not expecting to win, it was a completely one sided game and we got completely walloped! This has made me feel a little less optimistic about today!

Posted that in the match thread before kick off - think I might give up Saturday league now!

I called for Mac Donald to ge the job before today. Perhaps not in hindsight. I hope this is a fast learning curve for him.

Friedel 5- Is his age catching up with him?

Young 5- Winger had him beaten. Received no support from Ireland and Petrov for overlapping runs.

Clark 4- Looked slow and easily beaten in the air.

Dunne 4- A shoddy lethargic display and perhaps at fault for 2 of the goals.

Warnock 3- Has a worrying trait of allowing the winger far too much space. Also received no support.

Ireland 4- Out of his depth in this position.

Petrov 4- Slow, tired, and reverted back to his defensive midfield position. Outbattled and overrun.

Downing 4- Not in the game and overhit passes.

Albrighton 4- Outbattled against a defender with some pace.

Young 5- Tried, but again very lightweight.

Carew 3- Woeful

Heskey- Right wing- somebody's been watching MON videos!!!

NRC- Should have been first name on the teamsheet for me today. Looked very desperate when he came on and was disposessed frequently.

Beye- And the point was??

Kept getting beaten at the back post today which caused havoc. A dire team performance all round. No tracking, MON tactics, and no leadership. Suddenly with Chelsea, United and Arsenal at the top immediately and the Milner transfer, I wonder why I like football.

Randy are you listening, Randy are you listening,

that was fcuking sh*t, we ain't happy with it, just spend a few a quid.

He has spent a few quid, a lot!

I know and we still played like Blackpool this weekend. (and that's being harsh on them)

Gotta spend some of that Milner money.

But we were like Barcelona last week...

Oh so you went through my posts to see if you could dig up some dirt.

So you're annoyed because were beaten badly today, so you feel like you starting a argument with someone and take it out on them.

Well i ain't playing.

No, its just that we were really good last week and really poor this.

It doesn't just mean we're really poor.

It means we're somewhere in between.

I don't think its quite sank in yet! How can you go from playing the best in years one week to playing the worst in years the next? We simply went far too attacking. Ireland can't play in a 2 man midfield! He needs to play further up, it's him or ash, not both. We need a new CM.

Why is there not much being said about the disgraceful decision by the linesman when young was clearly 2 yards on side? would have been completley different, nevermind the pen! anyway, the result. Yes it was bad but im sure this was just a taste of what its really like managing in the best league in the world. For me, kev to keep the job. He will have learned about petrov-ireland, and i expect them to play a blinder next game. I predict a convincing win.

Why is there not much being said about the disgraceful decision by the linesman when young was clearly 2 yards on side?

Because he handballed it on it's way through. Didn't know much about it but it stopped the ball whereas it probably would have gone throughto the keeper ifhe didn't handle it.

It wasn't offside. unfortunately it was the right decision.

Villa lost the game.

Just like last week we won a game.

The world goes on, Villa go on.

See you all in two weeks when no doubt we'll be either world beaters or relegation fodder who should be taken out and shot as there seems that on the internet you cannot be anything in between.

As for the match for me Friedel, Dunne and Carew were all shocking and when we played two youngsters again (and rightly so without hindsight) you need the experienced players to at least turn up.

Absolutely. We were very, very poor today, last weekend we were very, very good. I'm absolutely gutted to have got turned over but thursday will be another day.

Â