Ratings and reactions

OutByEaster?

The absolute worst consequences of playing Ireland in a 2 came true today.

If NRC had been in there from the start (and I'm not his biggest fan) we would at least have had some fight and energy to try and match Newcastle.

I don't think it had much to do with Ireland playing CM, more Petrov's utter shite performance and the entire teams inability to defend anything.

Disagree. Petrov had to even more work than usual. It was basically 3 against one. Ireland had some decent passes and that but he should really be occupying the position Young was on the field.

Terrible result, i stopped watching after about 65 minutes.. i'd had enough by then. But it's one game, we weren't at the races and obviously a few things need addressing but i'm not going to over react.

We played as well as i can remember seeing us play in a long time last weekend and as bad as i can remember this weekend. I'll see how we play against Everton next week before panicking

That was horrible to watch. With the benefit of hindsight it was a terrible decision to play Ireland and Petrov against Barton, Nolan and Smith. They simply got run over. Should have swapped Albrighton/Downing for Reo-Coker and put Ireland to play behind the striker and put Young out on the left flank.

This probably means the end of K. Macdonald, I don't think he can stay on as manager after this drubbing. But hopefully he says on as a coach.

Friedel 2

L. Young 3

Clark 3

Dunne 3

Warnock 3

Petrov 4

Ireland 3

Albrighton 2

Downing 2

A. Young 4

Carew 2

Terrible result, i stopped watching after about 65 minutes.. i'd had enough by then. But it's one game, we weren't at the races and obviously a few things need addressing but i'm not going to over react.

We played as well as i can remember seeing us play in a long time last weekend and as bad as i can remember this weekend. I'll see how we play against Everton next week before panicking

You didn't miss much, Albrighton won a free-kick and that was about it.

I switched off with about with about 4 minutes to go.

Worst Villa performance i've ever since.

Can't wait for Match of the day.

Might send my 10quid ticket back for next week after that performance!!

Don't be so pathetic.

I was being sarcastic mate.. jeez

The rest of your post seemed pretty serious. I'm not a mindreader, mate.

Forunately, I was busy doing other things and didn't catch the game (sounds like some of our players).

I don't think I'll be going out of my way to watch MOTD.

I'd rather eat my parents than watch MOTD tonight.

This season already has the worrying feeling of the 2005-2006 one, I think I only caught MOTD a handful of times that season.... :(

Randy are you listening, Randy are you listening,

that was fcuking sh*t, we ain't happy with it, just spend a few a quid.

He has spent a few quid, a lot!

I know and we still played like Blackpool this weekend. (and that's being harsh on them)

Gotta spend some of that Milner money.

Just got back

Awful

Not the result, but the manner of the performance

Carew missed the pen, and his head went down, and that was it - he was the loan striker and he gave us nothing so we were screwed

Ashley tried hard, but there was too much 'Hollywood' type stuff going on

Albrighton tried hard, but ran donw too many blind alleys, he'll learn, but he looked weak and slow today

Petrov - he was knackered 5 mins into the second half, should have been brought off

Ireland - him and Petrov won't work as a combo

Downing looked like the Downing of last season rather than last week

Andy Carroll gave the whole defence a beating, he could be a good player

Macdonald - I'd love him to be good enough for the job, but today just showed he's not going to get it. For me, a top manager is one who can turn things around when you're a couple of goals down. We took a pasting. I know that happens in football (like Chelsea last year), but it shouldn't happen at Newcastle.

The substitution to bring on Heskey when we needed a goal was killer, he lost the fans in the stadium with that one.

I felt the same way about Capello in the world cup, if you need a goal - why bring on someon that doesn't ever score

I can only conclude that Heskey has a portfolio of photographs of almost every top manager in comprimising positions, there is no other explanation

This could be a really tough season. We need to bring someone in to steady the ship.

I know and we still played like Blackpool this weekend. (and that's being harsh on them)

But we were like Barcelona last week...

But we were like Barcelona last week...

Oh so you went through my posts to see if you could dig up some dirt.

So you're annoyed because were beaten badly today, so you feel like you starting a argument with someone and take it out on them.

Well i ain't playing.

Â