Ratings and reactions

OutByEaster?

Forunately, I was busy doing other things and didn't catch the game (sounds like some of our players).

I don't think I'll be going out of my way to watch MOTD.

I'd rather eat my parents than watch MOTD tonight.

You'd probably feel better afterwards if you did.

Forunately, I was busy doing other things and didn't catch the game (sounds like some of our players).

I don't think I'll be going out of my way to watch MOTD.

I'd rather eat my parents than watch MOTD tonight.

You did just make me chuckle with that. :P

An absolute disgrace, one of the lowest points in my time supporting Villa.

Kev Mcdonald needs to take most of the blame. Ireland & Petrov in the middle? Awful, awful decision which was never going to work. Ending up with Heskey upfront on his own? He should never work again if he thinks that's a good idea.

Friedel - 3

Young - 5

Clarke - 2

Dunne - 2

Warnock - 3

Albrighton - 4

Ireland - 3

Petrov - 4

Young - 5

Carew - 3

Heskey - 2

Mcdonald - 0

i was so dissapointed to see us lose 6-0, but too see every player at there with the Aston Villa crest on their chest playing with no heart what so ever was tragic, despite the circumstances Villa heads should of stayed high and fought on untill the final whistle but we simply crushed under the pressure :(

I don't think that's accurate at all.

After we went 3-0 down we still tried, but we knew it was a big task to win so we reverted to long ball tactics to try and nick a goal.

Ireland was still running from our box to theirs whenever there was a break on the counter. Did you miss that?

Seriously, people need to stop over-reacting and use their **** eyes. Ash tried, Ireland tried, Heskey even tried (though he was a bit lost on the right wing), Downing tried (though he didn't have much support as Warnock was actually terrible Today). If we hadn't had players who were still chasing down the ball, it could've been much worse than 6-0 (a horrible though but it's true.)

John Carew Carew

he's shittier than me and you

he'll always flub one or two

John Carew Carew

That display by Villa was shameful. Complete capitulation in the second half. Warnock is terrible. Clark is merely young and inexperienced but got a real lesson today. The midfield simply hasn't played together before and that was obvious. Carew needs to find the most comfy seat on the bench and remain there until a transfer can be arranged. Hesky at least works hard. Of course Hesky never has anything to show for his efforts because he sucks but there's never a lack of effort. Ashley complains too much. Downing has never shown real quality, imo. Freidal may want to start thinking about where he wants his retirment luncheon held.

Friedel - 2/10

Young - 3/10

Dunne - 2/10

Clark - 1.5/10

Warnock - 1/5/10

Albrighton - 2/10

Petrov - 1/10

Ireland - 2/10

Downing - 0.5/10

Young - 4/10

Carew 1/10

McDonald:

Tactics 0/10 What a surprise Irleand/Petrov (two attacking midfielders) lost the midfield battle. No one could have predicted that could they!

No shots on target whatsover!

Failed to make the right changes until way too late

Emile Heskey - there really is no point to him getting 1 minute on the pitch. Utterly useless!

A disgrace, a shocker surely there has to be some positives:

McDonald should now not be our permanant manager! (if they have any sense)

It's even clearer we need a striker (although it's been clear for about 2 seasons now!)

Hopefully we'll learn away from home Ireland and Petrov on their own in central midfield does not work.

Hopefully the game will be a lesson that you have to hit the target to have a chance of scoring.

The absolute worst consequences of playing Ireland in a 2 came true today.

If NRC had been in there from the start (and I'm not his biggest fan) we would at least have had some fight and energy to try and match Newcastle.

I don't think it had much to do with Ireland playing CM, more Petrov's utter shite performance and the entire teams inability to defend anything.

Can't wait to get Cuellar back in the defence. They are Patsies without him. Don't care where he plays, CB, RB, doesn't matter, just get him in.

Also can't wait to see Gabby back (assuming his absence doesn't mean we're planning to sell him :shock:). It his hard to overstate how important his pace is to that side in the way it creates disarray amongst opposing defences.

Very disappointed in the way we just collapsed in the 2nd half after a not too bad first half performance despite a freakish 0-3 scoreline. It was still there to be competed but we didn't.

I suspect we were suffering from the absence of a couple of people we can't get back.

Finally, well played Ashley. That was a good, committed performance this afternoon in the most dispiriting of circumstances.

Embarrassing but it is not the end of the world. Had Carew scored I think it would have been a totally different game. When Newcastle scored minutes later they lost all their anxiety, gained self belief etc we went the other way and fell apart

Sadly I don't think Kev Mac will get the job now and I am more worried about us getting someone like Southgate who I have heard today is definitely in the frame - God forbid.

MacDonald can't take any blame for this. He knew his did not have to tactical nuance for the job and so was forced to fob off the questions about the future, so as not to make the team feel like they were on a free ticket as he would not be the next manager, but not to commit to a job he couldn't do either.

The game today was very poor. It's not easy to lose 6-0. Something has to be particularly rotten for it to happen. We need a manager to come in.

Friedel didn't seem comfortable - We don't have a competent replacement. Citeh won't sell us Given. Or maybe they will based on this performance. We're no threat

Warnock was worrying.

Dunne struggled when he wasn't sure of his defensive partner. His clearance for Carroll's first was very poor and unlike him.

Clark isn't ready for the pace of the premiership and has not got experience. He is far from the peak age of a central defender so we can't blame him. There aren't many young defenders playing their trade in a successful prem team.

L Young I though was alright. Got turned too often, but when he got the ball he did OK

Albrighton looked wrecked. Should have been rested

Downing was anonymous

Ireland was alright. Did nothing special, but didn't do much wrong either

Petrov was alright. Usual self, but the midfield was waltzed through all day.

Young was trying hard, but I don't think it would take much for him to jump to Spurs if they came in

Carew was lazy. Penalty was very bad.

Heskey was better than most. Thought he did well.

Reo Coker I didn't see much of

Was there a third substitution

MacDonald - Great coach, but he has no interest in the job. Hope the search for a new manager is proceeding well

Bring back O'Neill.

The big reason why he didn't play the players who moan now was because they're not f'ing good enough. I'd take his apparently bad football instead of this complete rubbish.

The darkest day for Villa I have seen in my lifetime.

What a bunch of useless pricks.

I have nothing positive to offer in the way of explanation as to why we were so wank today, every player was shite.

I'm aware a lot can change in the course of a season, but I think we need some proper management in charge now, it's a piss take the way we're being run at present.

Bring back O'Neill.

The big reason why he didn't play the players who moan now was because they're not f'ing good enough. I'd take his apparently bad football instead of this complete rubbish.

The darkest day for Villa I have seen in my lifetime.

Agree.

If the penalty had gone in instead of orbiting the planet it would have been a different story.

As it was, that was one of the most embarrassing bags of shite I've seen in 30 years

Â