Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Not sure that solves any of our current problems.

Our biggest issue (after shoddy defending at corners) is keeping possession -

Herd - showed against Spurs he is a bit off pace in terms of being slick enough on ball to keep possession flowing against top teams. Not to say he cant improve this part of his game but it will take years not months. In the mean time he is a great tackler and header so he has a role but we need to be aware of his limitations.

Gardner - could yet be a good ball player - seen nothing to say otherwise so will give him benefit of the doubt at this stage.

Albrighton - certainly not good enough at keeping possession flowing - regularly loses ball when he gets it. As with Herd has positives to his game and might get better but right now he is one reason why we cant strong five passes together in game.

N'Zogbia - as with Albrighton - playing them both is a big risk in terms of keeping possession.

Anyway as for Weimann seems to be doing his best to force his way into Ecks plans which is great to see. Look forward to watching him get his chance at some point.

ill reserve judgement until he gets given a regular run of games, along with the fonz and bannan, none of which have had chance to make a solid attempt at justifying game time yet,

ill pop back to this thread in about 10 pages time when its full of posts about him not being good enough and should be sold

No basically, you can't win if you lose lol.. I mean at least with MON we would lose, but not go down without a fight...AM just seems beaten before he gets on the touchline.. how are the players spose to react to that sort of un-confidence from the manager that is picking you.

I've seen the team come out fighting for some games. I've seen other games where we've attacked a fair amount but the players haven't been accurate enough with their shooting. Then there have the games that most people remember and judge McLeish on - the games where we've looked uninspired, defensive and lazy.

McLeish deserves criticism for the way he sets the team up to play, but he's not the only one who should be blamed imo.

MON's players wanted to fight because they knew that if they dropped out the team, there was a chance that they'd be banished to the career-ending subs bench :lol: Davies... Sidwell.. Shorey... Harewood...

Guzan

Lichaj Cuellar Clark Stevens

Albrighton Herd Gardner N'Zogbia

Wiemann Bent

why not?

Well for a start we'd probably be relegated.

I'm all for blooding the youngsters, but stick them all in at once and you're asking for trouble, especially in our situation. If we were safe with a few games to go, then go for it.

Guzan

Wiemann Bent

why not?

I'm all for blooding the youngsters, but stick them all in at once and you're asking for trouble, especially in our situation. If we were safe with a few games to go, then go for it.

I'm with MrDuck on this, some of the youngsters are progressing well but this line would struggle imo for the reasons below;

Guzan, Not the worst but somehow I don't see him as a regular for Villa.

Lichaj, Very much a rough diamond, he has a good chance and for me I would like to see him ahead of Hutton.

CC and CC are probably our best 2 but it's still not good enough.

Stevens, untried so I reserve any judgement until he is.

Albrighton, sigh I just don't think he will make it.

Herd and Gardner are both terrific prospects who along with Clarke have the best chance of becoming regulars.

N'Zogbia, do me a favour, stroppy, miserable and that's just me watching this average waste of space wearing C&B. Sell him ASAP.

Weimann, seems ready for a shot, would need a run in the 1st team before we know if he is good enough but I doubt he would be ahead of a fit Gabby.

Bent, If he is truly happy to be a Villan then great if not put him out with N'Zogbia.

Guzan

Wiemann Bent

why not?

I'm with MrDuck on this, some of the youngsters are progressing well but this line would struggle imo for the reasons below;

Guzan, Not the worst but somehow I don't see him as a regular for Villa.

Lichaj, Very much a rough diamond, he has a good chance and for me I would like to see him ahead of Hutton.

CC and CC are probably our best 2 but it's still not good enough.

Stevens, untried so I reserve any judgement until he is.

Albrighton, sigh I just don't think he will make it.

Herd and Gardner are both terrific prospects who along with Clarke have the best chance of becoming regulars.

N'Zogbia, do me a favour, stroppy, miserable and that's just me watching this average waste of space wearing C&B. Sell him ASAP.

Weimann, seems ready for a shot, would need a run in the 1st team before we know if he is good enough but I doubt he would be ahead of a fit Gabby.

Bent, If he is truly happy to be a Villan then great if not put him out with N'Zogbia.

I didn't mention this at all, but I sort of meant this as a next season team, when given a bit of a chance to play together (i.e. at the end of the season if/when already safe, and pre-season). I didn't really mean put this team out at the weekend.

And the wingers I chose are the only wingers we've got really! Though I do think Zog will come good.

And I didn't mean to put Guzan, that should have been Given! I like Guzan as reserve a lot though. Sub him on for penalty shootouts.

Soz fightoffyour, I might have quoted you out of context.

Still I'll have to agree to disagree about Zog, I have no doubt there is talent there but I doubt he will ever show it for us.

Agree, Unless we get a manager in who can bring the best out of players. e.g. MON type.. n'zobia just needs the right manager.. look at last season with wigan.. he was amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

i'd hope he starts with gabbs up top

-------------------Given

Hutton-----Collins----Cuellar-----Warnock

-------Herd/Gardner--------Petrov

Albrighton------------------------N'zogbia

----------Weimann---------Gabbs

Would be nice but hey we will wait and see what our "genius" manager has up his sleave today in his little black book of "dutch attacking" formations LOL

I hope he doesn't drop ireland to give this kid a chance

Why not?

Stephen Ireland has on the whole been an absolute shambles for this football club.

Andreas Weimann looks like he would run through brick walls for us. I would prefer 11 shite players (not that I think Weimann is shite (actually really rate him FWIW)) that guarantee you 110% than the best 11 players in the world who seemingly pick and choose as and when they feel fit to perform.

No question, Stephen Ireland is the most techinically gifted player we have, but you cant depend on him. And at the minute we need dependable players, and for me, Andreas Weimann (in terms of giving his all) isa player we can rely on.

Â