Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Well many of you Weimann haters will get your wish now. looks like he'll be out for a few weeks. Hope Kozak will be worthy replacement.

Christ no, Tonev did well in parts against Everton so I think he's worth another look in a home game. Gabby's usually a quick healer from injuries so hopefully he'll be back, if not I'd rather give Helenius a start.

There's a two week break after Cardiff so Weimann might only miss a game or two.

Well many of you Weimann haters will get your wish now. looks like he'll be out for a few weeks. Hope Kozak will be worthy replacement.

Christ no, Tonev did well in parts against Everton so I think he's worth another look in a home game. Gabby's usually a quick healer from injuries so hopefully he'll be back, if not I'd rather give Helenius a start.

There's a two week break after Cardiff so Weimann might only miss a game or two.

At least thats all he will be missing. 2 misses in 3 weeks isnt bad for him

I don't think anybody hates Weimann, in fact if anything I think the majority of us love him. 

The problem is that the guy is extremely out of form and although he seems to be putting in as much effort as usual, his lack of technical ability as of late is worrying. 

Just saw his opening chance and also the apparent foul on MOTD. He never looked like he'd take his chance properly and he was pretty much looking for the foul from Morrison rather than trying to score. For me, that second point is a worry and we really, really need to give somebody else a chance now.

I didn't want him to get injured but if that is what it takes for somebody else to get an opportunity then so be it.

• Like 4

I don't think anybody hates Weimann, in fact if anything I think the majority of us love him. 

The problem is that the guy is extremely out of form and although he seems to be putting in as much effort as usual, his lack of technical ability as of late is worrying. 

very much this, I think a lot of us are just frustrated because we know he can play better and because we know we have no one who can realistically replace him so we keep playing him despite his poor form

Petty and immature part of me hopes this injury gives those that say he offers nothing will get a chance to see how wrong they are. But I come to me senses, and remember that very little good happens in the attack for us without his movement and the space his runs create. We should all hope he heals quickly.

Bad news about his injury - I think his lack of form is being exaggerated, he's been okay, not at his best, but good enough to be in the team. He's one of those players that bring us energy and movement - unfortunately, the others are Delph, Gabby and Luna - we're going to be pretty pedestrian unless we get a couple of those back sharpish.

Last season in the Prem he had a total of 62 shots. 28 of them were on target and from that 28 he scored 7. 

This season so far in the Prem he has had a total of 28 shots. 5 of them have been on target and he has scored just the 1 goal.

For a striker playing out as a wide forward, his all round play and shooting stats impressed me last season, especially being as it was his first proper season for us. This season, and I'd say it would go for any top level player but especially a striker, having 82% of your shots go wide or over is absolutely awful. 

I think there is a case for saying his faults are standing out more as we haven't scored in a few games but I personally feel he started going off the boil slightly at the end of last season and unfortunately he just hasn't managed to get back into gear. I think a break will do him some good.

Edited by samjp26

Wouldnt wish injury on the lad but glad he wont be playing for a few weeks, hopefully someone stakes a claim for his position and then when hes fit again he has to work hard to get back, been awful in nearly every game so far.

Sometimes I really worry what would Lambert choose ! I'm really afraid that he'd start Kozak instead of Weimann !! 

Disagree with the lot of you. Andi is important to us and creates chances, in a team that creates nothing really.

I only remember our first half against Norwich where he was great .. 

And Man City game as he got the free kick + The goal .. 

How far is N'Zogbia away?

Ages, I think it was new year, plus I don't think we'll see him in a villa shirt again. 

Any news on this injury? Could be six weeks if it's a bad pull, he did look ropey once he'd done it and was forced to hobble abotu for a bit too long.

He's been absolutely dreadful every time I've seen him this season. 

Yes, he runs around a lot. I would if I played for Villa. He can't control the ball, he can't pass and he can't shoot. His shooting has actually been appalling this season. I've lost count of the amount of shots that he's sliced high and wide from thirty yards. He's also missed one-on-one chances to put us 1-0 up in our last two games. He's weak and he's not especially quick.

I hope it's just a loss of form because he was a completely different player last season. But I'm elated someone else now has a chance in our first XI. It didn't feel like Lambert was going to drop him anytime soon.

I also wish people would stop using the City game as an example of his effectiveness. Yes, he won the free kick - but I don't know how. He had overran the ball (again), Nastasic was idiotic to touch him. It also wouldn't even be mentioned if Bacuna didn't step up and curl in a worldy. Then he scored a freak route-one goal against a woefully out of form 'keeper who had come racing out.

Edited by Cizzler
  • Like 1

Â