Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Don't know what's happened to him. How do your performances drop so drastically in such a short period of time.

Ask Torres...

So what is it your saying?Weiman is as good as Torres or Weiman is not his class and we should expect a lot of wasted opportunities from Weiman.

I think he was refering to Torres drop of form when moving from Liverpool til Chelsea, not comparing Torres and Weimann.

Correct.

New, improved contracts often change the performance of a player. It's nothing new. I remember Hendrie and Juan Pablo Angel performing poorly immediately after signing new deals. I guess it's a chance you take.

Hopefully, Weimann is a proud man and he sorts himself out soon. I don't think he's as bad as many say. I think he's just struggling for form. Well I hope that's what it is!

New, improved contracts often change the performance of a player. It's nothing new.

I don't think that's the case. Its not as though he isn't putting a shift in. He is working his bollocks off every week. Unfortunately though his end product has been poor. He had a great chance today but just didn't seem to have the confidence to finish.

I am not sure if a spell on the bench would do him some good or we stick with him for a while longer and hope he plays himself into some form.

I love Andi and I believe in him. But he needs to be dropped, for his own good. He's putting himself under too much pressure, his teammates (and the fans) are getting frustrated with him, and he needs to be taken out of the line of fire. A few spells on the bench would do him a world of good.

The constant insinuations on this forum that his decline in form is related to signing a new contract are really starting to bother me. I just think it's really insulting for a player who clearly is working his balls off for us every minute he's on the pitch. I agree that hard work with no end product is not good enough, and I agree that he needs to be dropped. I cannot believe it has anything to do with a new contract, though.

He's never been good. Last season when he scored a few they were either a tap-in or scuffed shots that via luck went in. He's a chugger, not a footballer.

That a wind up?

First vs Man Utd?

Quality finish v Sunderland and Swansea

Good Goal v QPR

Cracking end to a team goal v Liverpool.

Agree with Tom, his goal vs Swansea was great technique. And plus his belters in pre-season and against Rotherham were quality strikers.

Yes it was against weaker opposition, however it's the same ball? The quality is there, just very low on confidence IMO.

Think people are going slightly OTT.

He definitely has talent, that's precisely why people are going 'OTT' because they know what he's capable of but he is simply not producing it anywhere near enough this season.

Yes, people saying that he has "never been good" is definitely a way of paraphrasing that...

Weimann

0 key passes. 4 shots, all off target (should have scored once).  dispossessed 3 times. turned over the ball 4 times. 

I felt that he was trying hard but that he's got lead in his boots which makes it difficult for him to control the ball.

Agbonlahor

0 key passes. 1 shot on target (should have scored). dispossessed 2 times. turned over the ball 2 times.

Maybe he'd be a better wing back?

Benteke

0 key passes. 4 shots, 2 on target (should have scored twice). dispossessed 3 times. turned over the ball 3 times.

His bad game can be explained because he just come back after injury.

Tonev wasn't that bad today so the idea of Tonev replacing Weimann for next game is now not a bad one. I would also drop Agbonlahor and play Kozak against the West Ham defence.

He definitely has talent, that's precisely why people are going 'OTT' because they know what he's capable of but he is simply not producing it anywhere near enough this season.

Yup, he is capable of so much more.

Weimann

0 key passes. 4 shots, all off target (should have scored once).  dispossessed 3 times. turned over the ball 4 times. 

I felt that he was trying hard but that he's got lead in his boots which makes it difficult for him to control the ball.

Agbonlahor

0 key passes. 1 shot on target (should have scored). dispossessed 2 times. turned over the ball 2 times.

Benteke

0 key passes. 4 shots, 2 on target (should have scored twice). dispossessed 3 times. turned over the ball 3 times.

Tonev wasn't that bad today so the idea of Tonev replacing Weimann for next game is now not a bad one. I would also drop Agbonlahor and play Kozak against the West Ham defence.

So was the pass to Agbonlahor not counted as a key pass. That's why i ignore stats.

• Like 1

Weimann

Agbonlahor

Benteke

So was the pass to Agbonlahor not counted as a key pass. That's why i ignore stats.

Did you watch MOTD? It wasn't a deliberate pass. It deflected 45° off the defender's legs toward Agbonlahor. The intended pass must have been to the far post.

Edited by Con

The goal against Liverpool he scored he nearly missed hitting it straight at the goal keeper! (ball went underneath Reina)The goal against Man Utd was just one of those strikes that would go in if anybody hit it like that. He rarely scores convincing goals. Never in the corners of the goal like proper finishes ...he's very 'scuffy'.

Edited by supernova26

Don't know what's happened to him. How do your performances drop so drastically in such a short period of time.

Ask Torres...

So what is it your saying?Weiman is as good as Torres or Weiman is not his class and we should expect a lot of wasted opportunities from Weiman.

I think he was refering to Torres drop of form when moving from Liverpool til Chelsea, not comparing Torres and Weimann.

Correct.

So we should expect Weiman to waste opportunities then,ok gotcha.

So we should expect Weiman to waste opportunities then,ok gotcha.

You clearly haven't got me. The original quote was asking how is it possible for a player's performances to drop so quickly and by citing the example of Torres, I was showing that it can hapoen in football.

This does mean I want an out-of-form Weimann in the team and if you check back on this thread, you will see that I have been calling for Weimann to be dropped for a long time.

Agree with Tom, his goal vs Swansea was great technique. And plus his belters in pre-season and against Rotherham were quality strikers.

Yes it was against weaker opposition, however it's the same ball? The quality is there, just very low on confidence IMO.

Think people are going slightly OTT.

But most of the time he runs around like a headless chicken. That's not OTT

Â