Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Although I think hes been below standard this season Im happy he scored, hopefully it will be a turning point for him.

He isn't the most talented player we have had through the acadamy but a high work rate and great determination can get you far in this game. Take note Luke and Stefan, this is how you should have done it.

I think what people mean by that is that he isn't the most intelligent or technically gifted player on the ball, which is true. His main attributes are more instinctive like his movement, awareness and composure in front of goal. As well as his work-rate of course.

This is why he'll always be limited as a wide-forward. I actually hope he gets a go as our main striker when Benteke leaves but I doubt Lambert will alter his system to allow that.

What exactly does this 'not talented but...' thing mean though? I hear it bandied around about a few of our players and it just seems as though we're more comfortable damning them with faint praise.

Weimann is a striker who is known as a great and natural finisher. That's a talent. And for a striker it's a pretty important one. I think he's very talented.

He Aldo has pace which people seem to forget. It's a misconception that he isn't talented. And isn't an intelligent player. He makes a lot of intelligent runs. He's not a main striker though . He's best playing off a target man really.

Is he the most natural finisher at the club? Is he better at finishing than Benteke? I don't think so.

I know Darren Bent said he was, but to me that was just him talking up a player. Weimann is a good finisher for me when he doesn't really have to think about. He's an instinctive finisher for sure. But Benteke is an all round better finisher.

Bent said it before Benteke arrived so both things are possible. Benteke's finishing ability doesn't change the fact that Weimann's is still very very good.

His finishing would be even better if he wasn't being played on the wing. Ditto Agbo.

They are both 'sacrificing' their goals scored column for the good of the team. 

To be fair, Gabby's finishing was never that great up front either.

13 league goals in 2009/10 is his best and 12 the previous season. He was progressing under MON, but problem is we cant play 2 strikers  unless we have the system which many hate on here. It wasn't the formation in my view it was the players we had playing it. I believe Weimann would also score goals as a second striker.

To be fair, Gabby's finishing was never that great up front either.

13 league goals in 2009/10 is his best and 12 the previous season. He was progressing under MON, but problem is we cant play 2 strikers  unless we have the system which many hate on here. It wasn't the formation in my view it was the players we had playing it. I believe Weimann would also score goals as a second striker.

Wasn't he missing more than 8 games last year ?!

Â