Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

39 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

There's no way Delph was 3rd between him Westwood and El Ahmadi. No **** way.

Yep I will always stand by that Delph was extremely shit and probably the most overrated Villa player ever

El Ahmadi would have thrived if we didnt have a clown as a manager and a fanbase that hassled him for retaining possession

22 hours ago, Keyblade said:

There's no way Delph was 3rd between him Westwood and El Ahmadi. No **** way.

To anyone without an anti English bias or an obsession with players going to Man City from Villa… it’s very obvious that Delph was comfortably the best of those 3. And he wasn’t even that good

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

how many ex players have left us and actually gone on to achieve anything, I mean actually be an integral part of winning something

Dwight Yorke? Definitely, scored goals for utd and wasn't a bit part for them

Barry - definitely, regular starter for man city, won a few leagues and cups with them

The rest?

4 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

how many ex players have left us and actually gone on to achieve anything, I mean actually be an integral part of winning something

Barry - definitely, regular starter for man city, won a few leagues and cups with them

The rest?

In recent years, Barry and Milner stand out. Grealish probably will. Ashley Young won a few trophies with Utd and Serie A with Inter. Does Walker count? 

Beyond that I’m struggling. 

Edited by Stevo985

7 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

The rest?

Cahill, Albrighton, Young, Milner, Grealish, Idrissa Gueye have all won titles since leaving Villa, Hitlzperger but he left nearly 20 years ago now

probably another I am missing but this in the big leagues

Edited by Zatman

10 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Hey, he scored a free kick once don’t you know!

"We know he can hit them"

That phrase followed him around for his entire villa career because he scored a free kick once

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Hey, he scored a free kick once don’t you know!

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

"We know he can hit them"

That phrase followed him around for his entire villa career because he scored a free kick once

Come on I remember he actually scored 2 for us, not just the City one

Bet he has a better ratio than Ronaldo 😂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

In recent years, Barry and Milner stand out. Grealish probably will. Ashley Young won a few trophies with Utd and Serie A with Inter. Does Walker count? 

Ritchie De Laet won the Belgian Cup and I think Tshibola won the Essex County Cup with the dog and duck iirc

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Ritchie De Laet won the Belgian Cup and I think Tshibola won the Essex County Cup with the dog and duck iirc

De Leat is a pub quiz answer. i always forget he played for us at all

16 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I still think Milner ruined his career (not on paper obviously) with that move.  He was going to be very special as the central attacking midfielder we were fashioning him into.

Â