Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

6 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Not for that 2nd in that video. But they where both awful.

He couldnt move. Madness but unsurprising giving him a 4 year deal, think he played twice in our 3 seasons in the Championship

• 2 months later...

the snake retires. soon to be forgotten.

He said: “So today I announce my retirement with nothing but happiness and gratitude for what this beautiful game has given me. Massive shout out to my family, friends, players and staff from the amazing clubs I have been fortunate enough to represent as well as the support I have had from the fans.”

Edited by slovenian

One of the players that summed up the Lambert era, absolute dreadful 95 percent of the times then might do a dribble past somebody or shoot from 30 yards to look useful. McGinn has been poor for about 2 seasons now but is still on a better level than Delph was here

I was happy when he left as we robbed City

37 minutes ago, slovenian said:

the snake retires. soon to be forgotten.

He said: “So today I announce my retirement with nothing but happiness and gratitude for what this beautiful game has given me. Massive shout out to my family, friends, players and staff from the amazing clubs I have been fortunate enough to represent as well as the support I have had from the fans.”

So who's he signing for next week? 

word removed 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive calmed down a lot since when he left. Lets be real when city come calling your going unfortunately 

It opened my eyes as to what football was all about and the way the club / players use social media to spout bollocks

I'm probably a lot calmer over grealish because of delph

Pre and post match interviews, manager interviews, player interviews, official club statements... Its all just white noise to now... And I think a lot of villa fans would be a lot happier if they were the same 

His agent probably approached Leeds for homecoming finale and they told him to do one so that was that.

A mate was taking his missus for a Birthday meal up 20 stories in Manchester on Saturday and Delph was two tables away so probably enjoying his time away from the game. I can see him going down the punditry route.

I used to work in a young person's homeless hostel many years ago and worked with a few kids that knew Fabian. He gave them hope and they were proud of him. I've bumped into him twice and always wanted to talk to him about it but never got the chance. I wish him well.

Absolutely not ITK but my friends dad is a carpenter/builder and had just finished renovating his house (which he actually owned) in Sutton and him and his Mrs were super happy with it all, all personalised to their style etc so it was an even bigger surprise he left after that

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive calmed down a lot since when he left. Lets be real when city come calling your going unfortunately 

I wasnt angry at all when he left, just like when Jack left. People just aren't realistic, when city come along treble your wages and offer you the chance to win titles EVERY player would leave. It's a no brainer. Fans like to think they would be loyal in the same situation but they wouldn't be, they'd be professional. 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It opened my eyes as to what football was all about and the way the club / players use social media to spout bollocks

I'm probably a lot calmer over grealish because of delph

Pre and post match interviews, manager interviews, player interviews, official club statements... Its all just white noise to now... And I think a lot of villa fans would be a lot happier if they were the same 

I'd have said the same before Grealish, but I was naive enough to believe he was different as "one of us". Never getting burned like that again if I can help it. Go on you Aston Villa Human Resources.

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

Slithering away with his pot of cash and 2 premier league medals he didn’t earn.

Still, at least he can tell the grandkids about how he shafted his former club in the most despicable way in order to get a front row seat watching others win the league.

You possibly post that in another thread in a few months time… 👀 

• Haha 1

He earned the first one, he was a regular player for them, missed a couple of months through injury, but he started for them loads.

His regular injuries and suspensions gave Zinchenko the chance to make the spot his own, and that was that.

• Like 1

On 27/09/2022 at 18:39, OutByEaster? said:

It's a strange thing the way we feel about Fabien Delph - in January 2015 he appeared out of nowhere with a lawyer and signed that contract extension against the wishes of his agent, who he'd not told. He signed that because of the way the club looked after him when he was injured and he wanted to make sure we got our money back rather than him leave for nothing. In many ways, it's a generous gesture and one for which he should be admired.

He then went about how he announced that contract in a really poorly advised way (possibly with the help of an agent who had just had money taken out of his pocket by losing a share of his free-agent client's next signing bonus) and he managed to alienate the fanbase in the very act of trying to do the club a favour.

It would be interesting to see the reaction if he'd signed that contract in January and come out and said instead  "I'm leaving in the summer, but I owed the club the chance to make back their money on me after all they've done". Instead we got the images of the Captain pulling on the armband and the kissing of the badge that then created all the anger in the summer when he did exactly what he was always going to do anyway.

Regardless, I thought he was a very good player for us, at times superb and he had a hand in some of our better moments of that period, and though that little bit of disappointment remains, I wish him well in retirement.

It's not him leaving after what he said in January that pissed people off the most. 

It's this that he came out with after being strongly linked with City a week before actually making the move...

“I’m aware there has been intense media speculation surrounding my future in the last 24 hours and I want to set the record straight,” Delph said. “I’m not leaving. I’m staying at the football club and I can’t wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club.”

Fabian Delph rules out Manchester City move and commits to Aston Villa | Aston Villa | The Guardian

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

It's not him leaving after what he said in January that pissed people off the most. 

It's this that he came out with after being strongly linked with City a week before actually making the move...

Fabian Delph rules out Manchester City move and commits to Aston Villa | Aston Villa | The Guardian

This. No hard feelings about going to city. But don't come out and say the above.

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Wasn't he even spotted at the hospital that City use for medicals and rumours that it was basically agreed? Then he backed out and did this.

Also, if I remember rightly the prevailing mood was "well what you gonna do, of course he'd leave for City" before he did this.

Â