Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

• 11 months later...
47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And still we're thr only club that he's played 100 games for 

He's 32 and played 343 games at senior level 

Less games than 24 year old rashford 

Played his best football for us, but made most of his England appearances as a Man City squad player! 

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think since his career at villa, he just went downhill. Sure he won stuff at cuty but didnt contribute much to them winning anything.

He was a superstar in the making at villa

Sounds like someone else too

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think since his career at villa, he just went downhill. Sure he won stuff at cuty but didnt contribute much to them winning anything.

He was a superstar in the making at villa

He was never even that good at Villa. I struggle to remember a partnership as bad for us as Westwood and Delph 

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was never even that good at Villa. I struggle to remember a partnership as bad for us as Westwood and Delph 

Yacouba Sylla and Brett Holman 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Yacouba Sylla and Brett Holman 

I doubt they ever played centre midfield together for Villa.Holman wasnt really a centre midfielder either

So still Delph/Westwood for me :P 

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would disagree with that. I think delph was really good for us. Id rather have  that delph than mcginn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I would disagree with that. I think delph was really good for us. Id rather have  that delph than mcginn

Not a chance, I am a big critic of McGinn but is miles better than Delph ever was for us. Hourihane probably offered us more at this level than Delph

We shipped so many goals as Delph was so hopeless defensively and he offered little going forward either, all he had was a fancy but pointless dribble to get him out of trouble. We conceded nearly 200 goals in the 3 seasons he was a starter and he contributed 3 goals and 3 assists going forward

• Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

I thought for about 2 seasons he was our best player along with Benteke.

The loss of him and Benteke and never finding good replacements was the reason we were relegated.

I wonder if he can keep injury free, is he is worth signing?

spacer.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not a chance, I am a big critic of McGinn but is miles better than Delph ever was for us. Hourihane probably offered us more at this level than Delph

We shipped so many goals as Delph was so hopeless defensively and he offered little going forward either, all he had was a fancy but pointless dribble to get him out of trouble. We conceded nearly 200 goals in the 3 seasons he was a starter and he contributed 3 goals and 3 assists going forward

Thw team back then was a lot poorer than this one. Mcginn struggles bad in that side in my opinion. I think delph would be excellent in this team

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thw team back then was a lot poorer than this one. Mcginn struggles bad in that side in my opinion. I think delph would be excellent in this team

Delph played the full 2 games in the Bradford debacle in centre midfield

Delph would struggle to look decent in the Championship in his prime

Â