Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Are we really to blame for this. Delph has only become a key player in the last year or so. So when should we have got this new contract sorted, while he was still unproven. Its a tough one to take but neither party is to blame imo.

We are to blame, yes. Had Villa looked even like a mid-table side this year, Delph may have seen progression and been tempted to sign a new deal. I don't blame him or Vlaar leaving to be honest, we're a bit of a mess.

Why has his new contract not been sorted yet Tom?

The contract is on the table as far as im aware, he just clearly doesnt want to sign it. The misery is overspilling at AVFC

Was offered to him far too late though.

Doubt anyone would've had a problem if we'd offered him a new deal after his wondergoal at Southampton, he'd been consistant in the premier league for a good year and I think he would've signed it then.

He will be a big loss, christ we're already seeing that in the midfield currently playing without him.

This has another Villa cock up written all over it. I am disappointed that he want to go if true as we stuck by him through two bad injuries but I am not surprised. Why would anyone stay as club that is so utterly mismanaged by its owner over its finances and by its manager on the pitch. Sadly we are simply a joke club now.

Are we really to blame for this. Delph has only become a key player in the last year or so. So when should we have got this new contract sorted, while he was still unproven. Its a tough one to take but neither party is to blame imo.

He started playing well 2nd half of 12-13 season so halfway through last season I'd have been happy to see us open talks and give him an offer.

When you struggling you will always lose players , even when we weren't we lost Downing ,Young ,Milner and Barry but at least we got fee's for all of them to rebuild.Given we have already cost cut to now lose players for nothing is incompetence at the highest level.

To replace him and Vlaar is 15mil at the least.The contracts where left as we didn't know who would own the club.Another epic **** up by Randy. 

Benteke will be banging on the door to go next ,at least we will get a fee for him.

That's set in stone surely, do people really think Benteke will still be here in 18 months time unless he picks up another bad injury?

I think we all know he would've gone in the summer had he not been injured and had a half-decent World Cup.

Edited by Isa

Benteke will be banging on the door to go next ,at least we will get a fee for him.

That's set in stone surely, do people really think Benteke will still be here in 18 months time unless he picks up another bad injury?

I think we hoped he would be sold for a big fee and we could rebuild ..to lose all 3 of them for the 15mil we might get for benteke wont get us far at all.

Add in fact we are already in trouble and have 2 of our best players with half a foot outside the door the only place the club is going is down

Some of the fans on here are pathetic. The fact is we paid a high risk fee for Delph when he was a teenager. We kept faith in throughout his injuries and now that he has had 1 good season he wants out asap. How anyone can blame the club is beyond me. He was offered a new deal worth big bucks and turned it down as he thinks he is now bigger than the club. In my mind this is the ultimate betrayal from him and I've lost all respect for him. Personally don't want to see him wearing the club shirt again. Unloyal, greedy and thinks he id beyond avfc. Get rid.

• Like 1

Expecting him to leave and if he does it just adds to the Randy Lerner mess ups.

Unexpectedly pathetic.

Sit him in the reserves. No first team football between now and the middle of August will certainly hurt his England chances. After all this club has done for him, the last thing I want is to see this joke in a Villa and England shirt again.

• Like 2

Some of the fans on here are pathetic. The fact is we paid a high risk fee for Delph when he was a teenager. We kept faith in throughout his injuries and now that he has had 1 good season he wants out asap. How anyone can blame the club is beyond me. He was offered a new deal worth big bucks and turned it down as he thinks he is now bigger than the club. In my mind this is the ultimate betrayal from him and I've lost all respect for him. Personally don't want to see him wearing the club shirt again. Unloyal, greedy and thinks he id beyond avfc. Get rid.

Have you seen the way we run things? Of course the club has messed up.

We're going to lose 2 important players for nothing in the summer. We already spend a bare minimum so replacing them will be an almost impossible task.

Lerner really is damaging the club, I dread to think the state we will be in when he finally leaves.

Jesus christ, what a pathetic post. What planet do you live on?

High-risk fee? Not really. 25M is high-risk, 7-8M is very standard for a big talent. Kept faith in him throughout his injuries? As opposed to what exactly? Releasing him on a free? The guy is 24 years old now, which means that he has a lot of time on his hands to become fit.

Why would he be loyal to us? His career lasts for roughly 10 years, there is no room for loyalty when he sees that we are in rapid decline. The best he can hope for in the next three years here is staying up - I am pretty sure he has higher ambitions than that.

• Like 1

Expecting him to leave and if he does it just adds to the Randy Lerner mess ups.

Unexpectedly pathetic.

Sit him in the reserves. No first team football between now and the middle of August will certainly hurt his England chances. After all this club has done for him, the last thing I want is to see this joke in a Villa and England shirt again.

What have we done for him? Paid him while he was injured? Every club would do that. It was us and man city after him so let's not pretend we gave him his only chance. Delph was going places without our help. And now he has the chance to move on to better things. Why wouldn't he? Why would he waste his best years helping this owner and this manager try and scrape survival each year.

Can someone tell me when the next positive thing is going to come out of this football club? Everything is doom and gloom. No wonder attendances are awful. How can the fans get any sort of enthusiasm to watch the team? It's pathetic. It's inevitable we are going to end up in the Championship, and once we end up there it will be free-fall. Football is **** depressing.

Unexpectedly pathetic.

What have we done for him? Paid him while he was injured? Every club would do that. It was us and man city after him so let's not pretend we gave him his only chance. Delph was going places without our help. And now he has the chance to move on to better things. Why wouldn't he? Why would he waste his best years helping this owner and this manager try and scrape survival each year.

We stuck with him, and gave him a new deal in 2011 despite him being awful is pretty much every appearance. Let's not forget in his 5 years at the club, he's only been good for about 18 months. This club has done far, far more for Delph than the other way around.

• Like 3

Â