Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

We do this everytime. One result and our players have turned into absolute superstars.

:lol:

This

Except that this isn't just based on one result. Apart from the Wigan game at the start of last season he's been absolutely fantastic every time he's played. Every time I've seen him he's absolutely bossed the midfield, he just has so much class on the ball, never looks rushed in possession and always looking to play a quality pass, which he does more often than not.

This lad will be a superstar as long as he can stay fit. Give him a couple of seasons (injury free) to get premiership experience and we'll have an incredible player on our hands, potentially MON's best signing.

Well I think Nani is currently the best winger in the Prem, Delph defensively, love the enthusiasm and is getting better but still hasn't mastered the art of tackling and isn't naturally a defender so If I had to put a bet on it, I'd say Nani would beat Delph over the course of a game for an individual battle. Although Reo-Coker did once mark Ronaldo out the game but I think Reo-Coker is far more capable defensively in that area than Delph.

I just thought he was disciplined and brought so much to the role. Make no mistake Delph can tackle and you cant say that about everyone at Villa. The thing is I dont mind (like) players who put themselves about and I reckon Nani would be on a stretcher before he went past Delph.

You need to judge players over more than one game. NRC for instance did have a great game against Ronaldo, but then in the 5 nil loss to liverpool he was murdered all game by the legend that is Albert Riera.

Delph had a good game and it is certainly worth seeing what he can bring to the role but i would now install him as a starting left back. The standard of the opposition was very poor and they had no wingers of note. Would be interesting to see how he gets on against Adam Johnson on Wednesday night. He previously taught us that Clark isnt as good a left back as we first thought.

We do this everytime. One result and our players have turned into absolute superstars.

:lol:

This

Except that this isn't just based on one result. Apart from the Wigan game at the start of last season he's been absolutely fantastic every time he's played. Every time I've seen him he's absolutely bossed the midfield, he just has so much class on the ball, never looks rushed in possession and always looking to play a quality pass, which he does more often than not.

This lad will be a superstar as long as he can stay fit. Give him a couple of seasons (injury free) to get premiership experience and we'll have an incredible player on our hands, potentially MON's best signing.

Thats 1 mental statement. he didnt boss the midfield against Tottenham or Rapid Vienna.

Looked comfortable in possession and certainly a unique style but im definately yet to see him boss any midfield

Well I think Nani is currently the best winger in the Prem, Delph defensively, love the enthusiasm and is getting better but still hasn't mastered the art of tackling and isn't naturally a defender so If I had to put a bet on it, I'd say Nani would beat Delph over the course of a game for an individual battle. Although Reo-Coker did once mark Ronaldo out the game but I think Reo-Coker is far more capable defensively in that area than Delph.

I just thought he was disciplined and brought so much to the role. Make no mistake Delph can tackle and you cant say that about everyone at Villa. The thing is I dont mind (like) players who put themselves about and I reckon Nani would be on a stretcher before he went past Delph.

You need to judge players over more than one game. NRC for instance did have a great game against Ronaldo, but then in the 5 nil loss to liverpool he was murdered all game by the legend that is Albert Riera.

Delph had a good game and it is certainly worth seeing what he can bring to the role but i would now install him as a starting left back. The standard of the opposition was very poor and they had no wingers of note. Would be interesting to see how he gets on against Adam Johnson on Wednesday night. He previously taught us that Clark isnt as good a left back as we first thought.

No I wouldnt play him left back forevermore either, you have to read my original post. I do think he played there very well though.

Johnson is injured for citeh I think and it will be interesting to see if Houllier is as keen to play Delph at left back again. Personally I would.

No I wouldnt play him left back forevermore either, you have to read my original post. I do think he played there very well though.

Johnson is injured for citeh I think and it will be interesting to see if Houllier is as keen to play Delph at left back again. Personally I would.

forgot about Johnson but the point remains, a better class of winger will be available. Then we can get a better idea of how much to expect out of Delph at left back.

forgot about Johnson but the point remains, a better class of winger will be available. Then we can get a better idea of how much to expect out of Delph at left back.

Better class indeed, David Silva likes to swap wings (he goes all over) and could give Fabian something of a migrain.

Better class indeed, David Silva likes to swap wings (he goes all over) and could give Fabian something of a migrain.

Silva is injured isn't he?

Mr H's boldness will be tested once again on Wednesday if he decides to play Fab at LB. Mancini might decide to play Milner at right wing and thus set up a rematch between the two.

IIRC Fab's last injury problem was caused during a clash with Jim lad.

I shall be looking at the team sheets eagerly before the game vs. citeh.

Houllier's coaching will be tested. Both Bannan and Delph, when selected like to play at full speed ahead. In Delph's case varying the pace and timing of his tackles will be an important facet to his game.

Since Mr H has been working on a similar tack with Bannan, if the coaches help perfect the art for Fab, then perhaps there will be some cause for exuberance by Villa fans and then one day we may indeed see these youngsters "boss" the occasional game or two.

In the meantime its a work in progress, and it is promising.

The main thing that I see however is to keep Fab fit and not have his growth halted by unnecessary risks. For that reason, I might be tempted to leave him out of the game with citeh and save the lad for more important Premier games.

That is not a slight on his ability, it is merely caution with a young player who has only recently returned from a very serious injury.

Mr H's boldness will be tested once again on Wednesday if he decides to play Fab at LB. Mancini might decide to play Milner at right wing and thus set up a rematch between the two.

IIRC Fab's last injury problem was caused during a clash with Jim lad.

I shall be looking at the team sheets eagerly before the game vs. citeh.

Houllier's coaching will be tested. Both Bannan and Delph, when selected like to play at full speed ahead. In Delph's case varying the pace and timing of his tackles will be an important facet to his game.

Since Mr H has been working on a similar tack with Bannan, if the coaches help perfect the art for Fab, then perhaps there will be some cause for exuberance by Villa fans and then one day we may indeed see these youngsters "boss" the occasional game or two.

In the meantime its a work in progress, and it is promising.

The main thing that I see however is to keep Fab fit and not have his growth halted by unnecessary risks. For that reason, I might be tempted to leave him out of the game with citeh and save the lad for more important Premier games.

That is not a slight on his ability, it is merely caution with a young player who has only recently returned from a very serious injury.

i can understand the concern not to play him but we have a lot of competition in the centre of midfield and cup games are a chance to give players who arent first choice a chance to impress.

Delph did a decent job against Blackburn, he wasnt really tested but did well when on the ball.

But it is crazy to say play him at left back, a decent right winger would tear him a new arsehole!

He is a centre midfielder end of story.

Delph did a decent job against Blackburn, he wasnt really tested but did well when on the ball.

But it is crazy to say play him at left back, a decent right winger would tear him a new arsehole!

He is a centre midfielder end of story.

This.

Â