Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I think we will see more over the next few months. I think he was stupidly rushed back and hopefully will now be eased back in.

The only possible issue for me is that he is very similar to Makoun - a CM playmaker - in that he shows for the ball, makes space and retains possession by short sharp passing with the occasional longer ball mixed in. I am not sure whether he could play alongside Makoun (not a problem for the next 3 games admittedly). Would a CM pairing of Delph and Makoun be too lightweight? It would certainly be technically strong. The same can probably said of wee Barry??

What we really need, as far as I am concerned, is a strong DCM - Sissoko possibly and I think Hogg could be decent first reserve - and a strong ACM - Gardner possibly (?) and I would love to see Jimmy back to play this role. I am not sure yet, because I haven't seen enough of him, how Bradley fits in to a pair or a CM three and who he would compliment.

This lad has had some good reviews from many a quarter, but so did Luke Moore.

I havn't seen anything that would suggest to me we have anything special on our hands.....Young players can develop, so the jury is out for me on this one.

I'm not expecting anything from him, so if it happens it will be a bonus.

One thing i like to see from a central midfield player is COMMAND.....Even young players that are destined to make it, you see bits of it....I don't here.

He has had a cruel injury,so i hope I'm wrong.

I havn't seen anything that would suggest to me we have anything special on our hands.....Young players can develop, so the jury is out for me on this one.

One thing i like to see from a central midfield player is COMMAND.....Even young players that are destined to make it, you see bits of it....I don't here.

Did you not see the Man U home game last season when he played in a CM three with Stan and Milner. For the first 25 minutes or so he ran the show and was the pick of the CM'ers on the park. He wasn't as convincing after Man U had a man sent off and MON failed to respond tactically. I think the kid showed in that game that he has a lot of talent but needs the CM set up right to allow him to play. I don't think a two of him and Stan works. Delph alongside NRC could be very interesting - I have been hoping to see this for quite a while.

Did you not see the Man U home game last season when he played in a CM three with Stan and Milner. For the first 25 minutes or so he ran the show and was the pick of the CM'ers on the park. He wasn't as convincing after Man U had a man sent off and MON failed to respond tactically. I think the kid showed in that game that he has a lot of talent but needs the CM set up right to allow him to play. I don't think a two of him and Stan works. Delph alongside NRC could be very interesting - I have been hoping to see this for quite a while.

Im with the original poster, jury is still out for me. A few good performances dont make a player. Im sure he'll go on to achieve something, i just dont know if he'll fulfil his potential. Many dont.

To be fair lads, he hasnt really had a good decent run in the team yet so its a bit unfair to say you havnt seen anything to prove how good he is...none of us have yet! :)

MM said previously that he is very very very highly rated at the club. We also beat Fergie to his signature just out of interest. Man Utd were apparently the team who matched our bid but Ken Bates said he would only deal with us as we had conducted ourselves so well in the whole thing.

To be fair lads, he hasnt really had a good decent run in the team yet so its a bit unfair to say you havnt seen anything to prove how good he is...none of us have yet! :)

Surely thats the only thing to say. He hasnt had a decent run, therefore i havent seen anything to say how good he is. It would be wrong for me to say hes crap based on not seeing him, all im saying is that ive heard it all before about young lads and i will make up my mind when ive seen him play over the course of a season. I saw his performance against United, i also saw him play against Wigan.

MM said previously that he is very very very highly rated at the club. We also beat Fergie to his signature just out of interest. Man Utd were apparently the team who matched our bid but Ken Bates said he would only deal with us as we had conducted ourselves so well in the whole thing.

Was Man City apparently, although United, Spurs, Everton were all interested I think was what I read somewhere.

i also saw him play against Wigan.

Bit harsh to judge him on that game though. He was thrown straight into a start by MON in his first experience of the Premier League alongside a very poor (and probably unfit) Stan who hadn't really performed in pre-season either. I blame MON for that game when he should have started with NRC and Sidders, the pairing that had done so well in the Peace Cup and were on form.

Im with the original poster, jury is still out for me. A few good performances dont make a player. Im sure he'll go on to achieve something, i just dont know if he'll fulfil his potential. Many dont.

I'm one of the many who think he will fulfill his potential.

Obviously we can never tell how a youngster will adapt or grow in a league. But I've seen enough to know that he definatly has something special about him and, from what's been said by MM, he seems to have the right attitude too.

• 2 weeks later...

When Baker went off in the 36th minute, how many of us would have selected Delph at LB? It was a brave move by Mr H and Delph didn't let himself or the team down.

While obviously not a left back he played confidently and luckily t'rovers were not much of a threat. I think he might have had trouble with Salgado on another day where Blackburn might have shown up.

I was pleased to see him back on the pitch although concerned that a wayward knock might put him back on the injured list. He came through with flying colours and showed no lack of confidence. It was good to see.

On the bright side he seemed to avoid any further injury.

It will be interesting to see whether he plays against Citeh on Wednesday.

Â