Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Whatever way you dress it up, having a contract that lets your captain walk for  at least his market value is not a brilliant piece of business. We paid 8 mil for him 6 years ago. Plus the cringe worthy new shirt ads makes us look like a bunch of amateurs. Just shows how weak Villa are at present.Shambles.

Why do people keep going on about the kit pictures? Who is actually looking at them apart from villa fans (even then, majority of villa fans i doubt check them)? Ive never seen anybody mention it and how "lol, aston villa had a player who was on the kit pictures..AND NOW HES NOT :o, smalltime!". Dont think it really makes a team look amateur or not

Edited by gharperr

Milner, when he left us, was a far better player than Delph is now. I don't think we will miss him that much and I don't think he will get any better playing for man city.,

What he will get is a once in a lifetime opportunity to make it in a team that challenges for the title, not relegation. Good luck fab.

Next !

Milner leaving started the rot. We have never been the same since Milner (Delph) and Young (Benteke) left our club. Looking forward to good times????

Yes, we haven't got much choice have we? Man City and Chelsea changed the rules of premier league football and we not the only ones to be kicked out of the elite by them either Liverpool and Arsenal are some of the other casualties 

Funny thing is the main memory I will have of Delph at Villa will be him stupidly getting caught in possession against Kevin Nolan last season

Performance and goal in the 1-0 win against Chelsea for me.  By far his best Aston Villa game/moment.

• Like 1

Funny thing is the main memory I will have of Delph at Villa will be him stupidly getting caught in possession against Kevin Nolan last season

Performance and goal in the 1-0 win against Chelsea for me.  By far his best Aston Villa game/moment.

i dont get to go to many villa games. Was lucky enough to watch this though!

Performance and goal in the 1-0 win against Chelsea for me. By far his best Aston Villa game/moment.

Semi final goal against Liverpool, brings a tear to my eye every time I watch those celebrations back.

Those quotes were a shame because without them we would be waving off a player who went a large way towards keeping us up with his performances over the past few years and who ensured us 8m when he could have walked. Those quotes have made his departure unnecessarily bitter. I'd like to think he was somehow duty bound to say what he said, because I'd really rather not hate the bloke (in so much as you can 'hate' a footballer).

I think the club probably asked him to make a big deal out of it, but if he didn't want to make those sort of comments he wouldn't have.

The fact that he must have asked for the clause knowing he'd leave at the first chance and then said all that stuff anyway is the worst bit. Well enjoy the next 2-3 years of your bit part career Fabian, im really not bitter about the whole thing im just annoyed that people like Delph, Sinclair, Rodwell cant see exactly why City are signing them. 25 and an England regular about to enjoy the best years of your career and you do this, the mind boggles.

• Like 1

I'll just leave it as I'm obviously the only one who feels this way so I wouldn't be adding anything useful to the discussion.

I'm with you, but it looks like a pointless argument, reading the previous posts.

You can't argue with points like 'dur, why do businesses want to make more moneyz each year then? Lolz1111 #winning #rofl'....

...So I'd rather not try.

Â