Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Christ boys, it's football, it happens, we might have made £8m out of it and if anything he wasn't actually THAT good. All these tears about disloyalty, do you boys actually follow the modern game? Loyalty hasn't been seen for years, it's a job and a business.

• Like 1

In all this big thanks to Micah Richards at least someone at Villa told it had it is ...

If i can take any crumb of comfort its that Delph along with Vlaar has been part of a team that has been shite for 3/4 years so maybe them going and Benteke ia whats needed...Southampton lost players and improved we have to do the same

• Like 3

Some of the comments on this thread are ridiculous.

The only players I can think of in my lifetime that have turned down a combination of -

1) more money

2) the increased chance of winning trophies

3) playing for a "bigger" club

4) playing at the top level in Europe

are Alan Shearer and Matt Le Tissier. Both of these stayed/moved to their home town clubs and stayed with them to become local legends, at the expense of them actually winning anything.

Hopefully Jack Grealish does the same for us. Sadly Delph is from Yorkshire rather than being a Villa kid, so his loyalty extended only to ensuring we got a fee for him, not to him actually staying.

I'm sure there are other examples, but realistically no-one outside of Aston Villa will be looking at this move and be surprised that he is leaving us for City. 

Not as funny as those defending him

His move has nothing to do with where he is going or the money he's going to be offered or anything to do with or any of the reasons you have listed

It is how he has conducted himself since signing his new deal

He has practically declared himself Mr Aston Villa and with some of the pure bullshit that has come out his mouth you would think he would of had the decency to stay at least another season

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 4

Well, that's disappointing. I remember a time when I used to love football and footballers were my heroes. Modern football can do one.

I actually understand very well that he wants to leave a club that has battled relegation the past four seasons. But why come out with those comments in January and end up looking like a tit?

"I'm here for the long run"

If this goes through I'll never have felt more let down by a footballer. If he hadn't said what he had when he signed the contract we'd all be saying fair play to him for ensuring we got a fee. But he's made a rod for his own back.

As soon as he leaves I no longer care about him, pathetic waste of a career when he's sitting on the bench. Genuinely hope he falls out of the England squad!

Again, at 120k a week, I'm pretty sure he won't give a shit.

Thanks for everything Fabian, was a pleasure watching you mature into a full international. Personally I think it's a move he'll regret but I wish nothing but the best, without him I have no doubt we'd now be playing in the Championship

Some of the comments on this thread are ridiculous.

The only players I can think of in my lifetime that have turned down a combination of -

1) more money

2) the increased chance of winning trophies

3) playing for a "bigger" club

4) playing at the top level in Europe

are Alan Shearer and Matt Le Tissier. Both of these stayed/moved to their home town clubs and stayed with them to become local legends, at the expense of them actually winning anything.

Hopefully Jack Grealish does the same for us.

I'm sure there are other examples, but realistically no-one outside of Aston Villa will be looking at this move and be surprised that he is leaving us for City. 

The anger towards him isn't because of all the things you've listed.

Are you telling me then when he said all that stuff you believed he would stay with us if a seriously big club came in for him? Thats crazy! Why would he?!

Realistically, we could spend £200m this summer and still be miles behind City. People are living in a dream world if they believed his comments in that interview and to call him Judas etc. isn't fair on the balance of things.

I suspect he could have left in January, but he stayed and helped us stay up. He also could have stayed and run down his contract and left for nothing, which he didn't. He was loyal to us in the short-term, and put a potential move and big pay-day at risk for himself by signing a contract, even with a release clause. I suspect the release clause was only for a Champions League club, rather than just any club, and he just didn't expect it to happen so quickly.

People need to get over it and look forward. For me he is a player that is associated strongly with the failures of previous managers and was a major part of one the least creative midfields I have even seen at Villa. I am looking forward to getting some new faces in that - score goals and make goals.

Once he's gone, I don't care what he gives. No point in sniveling over it. Just need to focus on players who actually want to play for us.

Like his replacement who was attributed to seeing us as a stepping stone in the week? ;)

Pete Colley@petecolley 18s

19 seconds ago

It doesen't look like Man City have triggered the £8mill clause in Delph's contract yet but they will and he'll be off.

It was triggered a few days ago.

Strangely, he waited for us to be out of the country (Tim etc) before accepting terms.

Wimp.

I think I'm done with football tbh. I don't enjoy it. FFP is actually FP - financial play, for the rich.

No fair about it!

Edited by DK82

Once he's gone, I don't care what he gives. No point in sniveling over it. Just need to focus on players who actually want to play for us.

They're aren't many of them

Even the ones coming in probably dont lol, already plotting their next moves before even kicking a ball. Not a very attractive club are we, feels like we just make up the numbers

Like his replacement who was attributed to seeing us as a stepping stone in the week? ;)

There won't be many players worth their salt we could sign who wouldn't see us as a stepping stone sadly

In all this big thanks to Micah Richards at least someone at Villa told it had it is ...

If i can take any crumb of comfort its that Delph along with Vlaar has been part of a team that has been shite for 3/4 years so maybe them going and Benteke ia whats needed...Southampton lost players and improved we have to do the same

THIS. Lets look forward. If he stays fine, but is he doesn't - he is in no way as big a loss as - Yorke, Southgate, Young and Milner - they were major players.

• Like 1

Â