Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Did the Scottish RB say anything regarding his own situation?

More on-topic, I feel totally confident that Delph isn't leaving and have done for a while. Which is good, because he's a good player, even if not quite as good as some of his boosters on here make out. 

I don't know much about Hutton's own situation as I wasn't told. I met Alan and his family in Dubai quite a while ago. It was a chance meeting but he happened to be out with a mutual friend of mine from when they were both in Glsgow, but she now lives out here too.We had a few drinks and he was a really nice chap. Anyhooo... at the time he was in the bomb squad but came across as nothing but professional, didn't blame the manager at all and was just focused on getting back into the team.

Fast forward to the present day, Kelly (our mutual friend) has been in the UK recently and has met up with Alan and his wife. Kelly's actually at Rangers fan but messaged me whilst they were together saying that FWIW Alan thought that all the paper talk about Delph was just that and, as far as he knew, any release clause would have been there as a safety net if the club were to be relegated.

Applying my own thoughts to that, if Alan is wrong and there is a release clause, surely we'd see some actual bids from clubs? What if it's just a release clause for a club in Europe? Surely Sympathypool and Spuds would have him?

Champions League only? Pretty small net for a release clause, but why no bid from Chelsea? Surely that fits their business model to buy a player for £8m, loan him back to us and then sell hum for £15m the next season?

Not saying that Delph would go for any of these options, but as far as we know there simply haven't been any bids. That lends me to believe that Alan is correct in his assumptions and that there is a very good chance that Delph will be remaining as our captain.

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 4

I have mixed feelings on the player.....love his good bits not so enammered with his not so good bits.

If he leaves it's not that we are breaking up a special team that has challenged at the top....we have flirted with relegation for a reason.....some schools of thought could have been, smash it all up and start again.

However, I do lean towards wanting him to stay

I hear he's adopting to keep his cover before his big move.

Look he may go at the end of the day. I genuinely believe when he signed a new deal he wanted to do right by the club. I hope he sticks to his word and stays for at least another year. However, Man City can be very persuasive and difficult to turn down.

Not as confident now omariqy?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he has intimate knowledge of Delph's contract, but the clubs will do because of his agent. If there is a clause, surely some action would have happened by now? Why risk missing out on him if he's available for £8-10m?

Forgot to mention that he also said at Fabian and his family are very settled in the midlands and he's over the moon to be captain of our club. Genuinely happy with his career at Aston Villa.

Now watch him move to West Ham over the weekend.  :D 

I'm very rarely ITK. The last time I was when CNZ was about to sign for us, and that was only 'cause I met him in a bar in Dubai a few days beforehand.

However, I have met with a certain Scottish RB who has said that he believes that Delph doesn't even have a decision to make at this point and, as far as hes aware, there is no release clause now that we have cemented our place in the PL. He also thinks that Delph is very settled with his family at Aston Villa and the midlands.

As I've said before, if a player of Delph's calibre was available for under £10m, we'd have bids from everyone from Arsenal to Watford. I really think he'll be going nowhere this summer.

Nice one Tony Hibbert

• Like 3

I hear he's adopting to keep his cover before his big move.

Look he may go at the end of the day. I genuinely believe when he signed a new deal he wanted to do right by the club. I hope he sticks to his word and stays for at least another year. However, Man City can be very persuasive and difficult to turn down.

Not as confident now omariqy?

No I am still pretty confident but there are no guarantees in life.  You have to be pragmatic about these things. 

If he does leave I think he's a useless selfish bastard and we can pick up players better than him down the labour exchange. Didn't expect any loyalty, didn't get any. 

If he stays, it will be the best news of the summer and prove critical to our pushing on and shows just what an excellent vibe is being built at this club that world class talent wants to stay and play for the badge.

I shall pop back to the thread in a few weeks and quote one of those two lines.

Sounds like you're 50/50?

• Like 1

Â