Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Just a thought, have a look at transfer odds before these stories break, I think there might be a bit of market manipulation going with regards to betting. It wouldn't surprise me.

Just a thought, have a look at transfer odds before these stories break, I think there might be a bit of market manipulation going with regards to betting. It wouldn't surprise me.

Why the hell didn't I think of this...

Release rumour on to twitter - Call goal.com "journalist" and pretend to be "source" - make that paper.

100k per week and he's gone if true, maybe this is why we are making offers for player's?

If he does leave then at least he signed a new contract so we will receive a fee, even if it's way below his true value.

Release rumour on to twitter - Call goal.com "journalist" and pretend to be "source" - make that paper.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to mention it on here, nor the last! :-) I'm just trying to make myself feel better with regards to potential outgoings!

• Like 1

I'm sure I'm not the first person to mention it on here, nor the last! :-) I'm just trying to make myself feel better with regards to potential outgoings!

Is genuinely a great idea, I don't know why it has not occurred to me before. Maybe we shouldn't mention it again ;)

It's also on the express

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/588559/Manchester-City-Aston-Villa-Fabian-Delph-Transfer-Gossip

Manchester City set to complete deal for £100,000-per-week England international MANCHESTER CITY are set to complete an £8million deal for Aston Villa star Fabian Delph, according to reports.

By ANTHONY CHAPMAN

PUBLISHED: 09:43, Fri, Jul 3, 2015  

| UPDATED: 09:51, Fri, Jul 3, 2015

The Citizens are looking to bolster their ranks with a number of English players this summer in order to meet home-grown regulations for the upcoming Premier League season.

Manuel Pellegrini has allowed the likes of James Milner, Micah Richards and Scott Sinclair to depart the Etihad, and Goal claims the Chilean is now set to make Delph his first signing of the transfer window after the England international agreed a long-term contract worth £100,000-per-week.

City have also been linked with moves for Arsenal's Jack Wilshere and Liverpool's Raheem Sterling, although a £40million bid for the latter has already been rejected by Brendan Rodgers.

However, Pellegrini is expected to return with another offer for the winger as he looks to challenge Jose Mourinho's Chelsea for the title.

City are also exploring deals for Juventus' Paul Pogba and Wolfsburg's Kevin De Bruyne, withAston Villa's Christian Benteke also an option.

But there could yet be more Etihad exits this summer, with Stevan Jovetic and Edin Dzeko linked with moves to the Serie A.

Edit - He is quoting Goal.com as his source... Really Journo. Really?

Edited by cudoz

To be fair, Fab is quite a switched on cookie, why would he risk his place in the England XI by being a squad player at Citeh instead of being the main man here? Doesn't strike me as a money-grabber either.

To be fair, Fab is quite a switched on cookie, why would he risk his place in the England XI by being a squad player at Citeh instead of being the main man here? Doesn't strike me as a money-grabber either.

He'd double his wages if he joined city. Regardless of the downsides it would be very hard to turn that down, plus he could win things there and play in the Champions League as opposed to fighting relegation every season.

In my opinion Scott Sinclair was playing as well for Swansea as Fabian is for us now when he got poached to Man City...and look where that got him: sat on the bench and a forgotten footballer. I know money talks, but Delph is the captain of Villa and a regular in the England starting line-up. I fail to see how sitting on the bench, or being a bit-part player for City will help his cause. Add to that he isn't good enough to command a starting role for them and would more than likely be a stand-in player for domestic cups and the odd Premier League game, should all be in his thinking. Furthermore, if City start slow and fall behind the pack then Pellagrini's position is very much in question and a new manager would bring his own ideas. I think he'll stay - id be very disappointed (both as a Villa fan but also as a football fan) if Delph opted for City. He's a tremendous player for us and has got momentum, I think he could strive with us for another season. 

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 2

Â