Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Commitment to Villa aside I just couldn't see him signing for Man City in a month of sundays... 

After the Ireland + cash debacle I'd be super wary of any swap deals, way better to get maximum cash value when selling players and reinvest how we see fit.  Borini's true value is 4-5 mill max, not really much if any better than Weimann...

Also even at 25 mill all cash, we'd really struggle to recruit anybody to fill his shoes, no-one is indispensable but in our current fragile state we should be building a new team around Delph, just too big a gap to plug with the squad we have right now.

Does anyone think Liverpool might have guessed at or been told of the buy out clause in Fab's new contract?

£12m & Borini (who no doubt they would value @ £10m minimum because he has appeared/scored for them once or twice) along with a 12-month loan for another player would be about £10m below a £32.5 clause which would be par for the course for them.  ;)

Hearing Trent say it's rubbish has eased my fears.  However, this was an actual conversation TS had with an agent that Jonny listened into.  I know Jonny and he wouldn't lie about that kind of stuff.  He is as flabbergasted as us.

Hearing Trent say it's rubbish has eased my fears.  However, this was an actual conversation TS had with an agent that Jonny listened into.  I know Jonny and he wouldn't lie about that kind of stuff.  He is as flabbergasted as us.

I keep on seeing this guy's name pop up on here particularly around the takeover thread.

What exactly is his role in football?

I keep on seeing this guy's name pop up on here particularly around the takeover thread.

Who? Me? I'm Chuck Blazer.

Or hopefully, like this:

'It's being discussed':

AGENT - "Fancy 12mil, Borini and Ibe on loan for Delph?"

SHERWOOD (hopefully) "P*ss off, you clearings in the woods."

I really hope there isn't a release clause in Delph's contract. He's just going to get better, and in a few years he'll be immensely valuable, both as a player and as a marketable asset, being established in the national side and in his prime. Hopefully he's still with us at that point, for us to fully reap the benefits.

• Like 1

What would 'silly money' be for Delph? In a world where sterling and his transfer request are 50m, Delph, as captain and a new contract, with man city absolute desperate for home grown players, I'd say Delph would have to be in a similar bracket.

Reports city enquired what it might take and we just outright told them to jog on, hope that's true.

Who? Me? I'm Chuck Blazer.

Snitch!

• Like 1

What would 'silly money' be for Delph? In a world where sterling and his transfer request are 50m, Delph, as captain and a new contract, with man city absolute desperate for home grown players, I'd say Delph would have to be in a similar bracket.

Reports city enquired what it might take and we just outright told them to jog on, hope that's true.

Anything above 35 would be getting silly I reckon. Would anyone say no to 35 million for Delph? We could get 2 Delphs for that I reckon. 'Delph' is starting to sound funny now. Delph. 

Edited by tomh621

Going to City the year before the European Championships would be madness.  If he stays here, has a good season, goes into the Championships with some momentum and then moves on next summer then you could understand it even if you didn't like it.  Thankfully I think Delph has a fairly good head on his shoulders and he'll already know this.

I have no idea myself whether he would lie as I've never met the bloke. However why would TS have a journalist listening in to calls he has with agents.

Sounds more like this is something an agent has said to Gould and they would have plenty of reasons to lie!!

City just lost Sinclair, Milner and Richards. That's 3 English players they'll have to replace/can't use unless they wan't to avoid having an even more reduced squad next season.

If they can't get their preferred targets like Sterling and Wilshere I'm sure they'll start looking at cheaper options like Delph and others.

Then it just becomes a matter of money against loyalty and role in the team

Edited by sne

He'd be a very foolish boy to go there.

He'd be a big loss for us and he's unlikely to be a regular first teamer there.

But looking at the positive. Given his age, ability, nationality, england caps, the proximity of him signing a new contract, and the club that's buying him... we should receive around £500 billion for him.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

As much as I love Delph, he simply isn't good enough to be a regular in a team whose aspirations include league and champion league success (IMO of course)

It would be absolute madness on his part to join City. Thankfully, as BOF said above, I think Delph has good head on his shoulder's.

Â