Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

He's about the best of what's available. And by 'available' I mean not already whipped up by the big boys. Eventually you float to the top of that list and you become the next thing to be targetted. I'd say if Citeh went for him, as well as the homegrown thing, it would be as much about them preventing someone else up there from getting him and the possibility of him proving for a rival that he's actually well able for that level.

I'm not actually worried about losing him this summer because I really don't think he'll go anywhere.  A lot can change in a year but I think we're OK for now.

He had every right to let his contract run down the final 12 months and leave on a free.

There is no doubt in my mind there were bigger clubs and better offers than ours on the table, he is young, English, going on a free with plenty of sell on value. It is just a great mark of the man.

I cannot thank Delph enough, everything from now is a bonus.

• Like 1

City have upped their original offer for Raheem. It looks like they are on the prowl for young English talent because that has obviously worked well for them in the past. :(

I don't get their obsession with Raheem. He won't even be part of their 25 man squad so won't count towards home grown players. What's the point?

Maybe they actually think he is good like their other big signings Fernando and Mangala

Yeah of course he's going to leave to sit on Man City's bench

What a load of BS

I agree I think it's a non-starter as a story, but I think he'd get more starts than not. The likes of Fernando and Fernandinho are hardly the best midfielders I've ever seen.

Edited by rjenkins

Man city can have him for £50million, or whatever there going to pay for sterling.

Anything less ill send them a photocopy of my scrotum with a "**** off" note attached.

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

If he goes next summer after a good euro championship he goes with good wishes

If he goes this summer and hardly plays it risks his England place and he does not want that

As I said, IMHO FWIW, he's going nowhere this summer

OMG HE'S DEFINITELY GOING NEXT SUMMER.

delph is too english for the top 4 clubs

PePhzYm.jpg

Brilliant.

i don't get it.

He's been on Photoshop and added some quintessential English traits from ages ago.

dc7c49a7b9d8162524a239339dce7225.jpg

I got it straight away, it was excellent.

Edited by Frank Raphael
  • Like 1

If they throw the Sterling money at Delph I would too. My only concern is who we replace him with if i'm honest.

midfield 3 of huddleston dembele and sanchez? lol just kidding

i would turn down every offer for Delph.someone the papers think should leave us signs a contract extension and says villa is his club..why would we sell our best midfielder

The Wilshire thing just looks like posturing to Liverpool I think. They make a final bid for sterling and then leak that they've moved on to another target to make Liverpool worry they may have missed the boat to cash in

No chance Delph leaves.

Even if we get offered £20-£25m

Same price as the rumoured  Benteke release clause may also release him but not this summer i dont think

Edited by Richard

Â