Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

It wont be the last time you see him in a Villa shirt I know that for sure.

I know at this minute he doesn't think he is going in January and yes that is a bit of ITK info from me for once.

I know at this minute he doesn't think he is going in January and yes that is a bit of ITK info from me for once.

More importantly, does he want to go?

Weimann on the Delph red:"The ref said he thought it was a yellow but he got shout from 4th official saying it was a red."

Fair enough really, that's why they are there and next time we might get the call from the linesman.

Clear red card, idiotic challenge in an area where they present no danger. We cannot afford all these red cards...

Weimann on the Delph red:"The ref said he thought it was a yellow but he got shout from 4th official saying it was a red."

Fair enough really, that's why they are there and next time we might get the call from the linesman.

Clear red card, idiotic challenge in an area where they present no danger. We cannot afford all these red cards...

Like we did when Mason clearly elbowed and headbutted Benteke right in front of the fourth official? There has been some atrocious officiating this season, unfortunately we have been the victims of it. Oh well, we all better cross our fingers and hope for a decent official in the future. Not acceptable or good enough.

It's an official fact that every team in the premier league has - in the view of their own fans and manager - been the victim of poor, biased and unfair refereeing, that has consistently favoured opposing sides.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 3

More importantly, does he want to go?

I was told it's all about money and ambition in that order

I don't think we can argue to be honest. Maybe slightly harsh, but I don't think a red is a terrible decision.

I'd agree.

My immediate reaction was one of surprise but I thought otherwise seeing it again. I could see why it was given though it was a tad harsh.

• Like 1

It's an official fact that every team in the premier league has - in the view of their own fans and manager - been the victim of poor, biased and unfair refereeing, that has consistently favoured opposing sides.

Disagree. I think we had a lot of bizarre decisions go against us this season, certainly more than most. I am not going to moan about officials being bias though,  for me it is simply a case of officiating in this country being very poor. Standards need to be improved.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Disagree. I think we had a lot of bizarre decisions go against us this season, certainly more than most. I am not going to moan about officials being bias though,  for me it is simply a case of officiating in this country being very poor. Standards need to be improved.

Off topic, but even Chelsea got a moody one today, should have had a stonewall penalty.

In Delphs defence, I would say there was no malice.

I don't think anyone can justify going in at full stretch, studs showing, higher than the ball and then coming down on the opponents foot. Harsh in terms that it was unintentional but fair in terms of it was reckless. You can't simply lunge in like that, hack down dangerously with studs showing & then apologise, claiming that you were only going for the ball.

A typical Delph mis-timed tackle. its part and parcel of what you get with him-he is aggressive in the tackle but gets it wrong far more frequently than most. To curb his tackling would be to curb one of the strongest elements of his game.

Which bizarre decisions have gone against us?  The Agbonlahor red was incorrect (and rightly rescinded) but "a lot of bizarre decisions"?

Â