Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I'd like to see Delph get in front of our strikers more often, a la the Rotherham goal. It's a good tactic and a surprise extra bod in the box can often win games for you.

Obviously the midfield need to recognise the run and cover, but in KEA (another huge plus this season for me) and Sylla, we have the guys to do that.

I'd like to see him dislodge Wiltshire in the England set up. Of course old turkey neck will never do it.

Although I agree that Hodgson is terrible for squad selection, I don't think Delph would ever be able to do that - not because of footballing reasons but simply because the media and most football fans would not accept Saint Jack being dislodged from the England team by someone like Delph.

• Like 2

Wilshere will dislodge himself, probably literally, limb by limb. Our only hope (assuming we want Delph in the England fold) is that Fab becomes the replacement that isn't held together with spit and bogies.

Man of the match again today. Showed a number of cracking pieces of skill to beat players and was a real driving force at times. Unlucky when his shot in second half just went wide.

Him and Benteke were the only players who could walk off the pitch having put anything like a decent shift in.

• Like 1

Â