Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

been working in stafford and went to the pub for one at dinner, 6 pints later we come out at 3 [emoji3] the landlord was a villa fan so that was me nattering for 2 hours. went back to the job to collect the van and the site manager there whos a jumped up scouse clearing in the woods who supports liverpool and hates coppers because of hillsborough said what about my **** roof? **** that mate we've been drinking and talking about villa, and off we went.

And we wonder why builders have a bad reputation :lol:

I hope you pointed out that you've recently done your CSCS card and can't go back on site after drinking...

I once did a school in willenhall, the football club gave us their car park, and their pub... We had to turf the ground workers out of there every other day, it was about 6 years ago, they still got paid their wages in an envelope in a pub on a Friday afternoon

That's where I met Ivor Linton, he was a sparky, brought his medals in to site to show me

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

been working in stafford and went to the pub for one at dinner, 6 pints later we come out at 3 :D the landlord was a villa fan so that was me nattering for 2 hours. went back to the job to collect the van and the site manager there whos a jumped up scouse clearing in the woods who supports liverpool and hates coppers because of hillsborough said what about my **** roof? **** that mate we've been drinking and talking about villa, and off we went.

I have no idea why you're proud of that. 

Come on man, you're paid to do a job. Don't get pissed then go back onto a building site. 

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I have no idea why you're proud of that. 

Come on man, you're paid to do a job. Don't get pissed then go back onto a building site. 

**** me stefan have a day off. i never said i was proud, it just cheered me up because its better than working for some clearing in the woods of a site agent. also we never went back on site working so whats the big deal. paid to do a job bullshit? lighten up a bit, nowt wrong in being naughty now and again. workers 1.0 bosses :)

1 hour ago, Meath_Villan said:

I dont get that whole culture of having a beer at lunch break ......surely it grounds for  gross misconduct in a "normal" working environment 

Makes me really want to sleep in the afternoon, drinking after work makes me want to carry on drinking

Went to a work presentation in Worcester cricket club once, finished at 3.30 free bar after it, most had a couple then drove home, I ended in Brum, via Wolverhampton, in snobs, got back to kiddy at 4am, lost my work coat, my phone my keys the lot

One of the best nights I've ever had 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

i was not driving and the bloke who was driving sat in the van and got his head down.

Mate I was HGV driver for a scaffolding firm for a few years . I know what goes on in menial employment well enough. I think my days of judging other humans are long gone . I lost that job because of a week long V Festival hangover.

5 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Mate I was HGV driver for a scaffolding firm for a few years . I know what goes on in menial employment well enough. I think my days of judging other humans are long gone . I lost that job because of a week long V Festival hangover.

meaning?

12 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

been working in stafford and went to the pub for one at dinner, 6 pints later we come out at 3 :D the landlord was a villa fan so that was me nattering for 2 hours. went back to the job to collect the van and the site manager there whos a jumped up scouse clearing in the woods who supports liverpool and hates coppers because of hillsborough said what about my **** roof? **** that mate we've been drinking and talking about villa, and off we went.

Which pub Rugeley?

Â