rjw63

mjmooney, on 29 Mar 2013 - 10:10, said:

British species I've never seen in the wild:

Owls

Kingfishers

Eagles

Otters

Badgers

But I can't walk a hundred yards without tripping over a fox.

I've never seen a wild British Eagle, but I've seen Australian ones. Massive Wedge tailed eagles, feasting upon kangeroo roadkill. Awesome birds. ( I didn't take these pics)

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

eagle-kangaroo.jpg

I am surprised people have yet to see the aforementioned wild animals in the flesh . I have seen all of them numerous times within the West Mids and Warwickshire alone . I used to have an owl living in a tree in my back garden and that was in Erdington !! I see Eagles all the time around the Belfry backroads and there are badgers in Sutton Park .Otters are trickier mind you.

We saw an eagle two weeks back, around Grimstock Hill area on the way to the Belfry. No way it could have been any other bird of prey as it was **** massive

There's a band of coyotes that live about 1/2 a mile from me...and I'm essentially in the city. There's an area of marshland that's teeming with rabbits. Coyote paradise. But when they feel cocky every now and then, they come into the neighborhoods and pick off cats and small dogs.

There's a band of coyotes that live about 1/2 a mile from me...and I'm essentially in the city. There's an area of marshland that's teeming with rabbits. Coyote paradise. But when they feel cocky every now and then, they come into the neighborhoods and pick off cats and small dogs.

I guess that's the American equivalent of our urban foxes. 

I believe that in the arctic fringes of Canada, what with the melting ice caps, they are getting a similar problem with polar bears. **** POLAR BEARS...  :o

Being able to play great quality mkv files through my new Sumvision gadget.

Not more shitty low-res movies for me :D

Being able to play great quality mkv files through my new Sumvision gadget.

Not more shitty low-res movies for me :D

Is the resolution the problem or the trembling hand holding the camera?

Earlier today a mention popped up on twitter from Dont Do It Doug, he had retweeted a joke Frankie Boyle made about strokes and included me in it, for those of you that dont know I had a stroke back in September.

The joke Frankie tweeted went "Watching a documentary about stroke victims. A bit one-sided." so I replied "if everyone you made laugh with that donated a quid to this http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/sbironman70.3  that would be great." Frankie retweeted it and replied "Good luck"

So far 38 people have donated since that retweet, some people even donating a tenner.

Its unbelievable, I am beyond humbled, a little emotional and incredibly grateful and just wanted to say thanks to DDID for pointing the joke out to me.

Cool. And just goes to show that laughing at a non-PC or insensitive joke doesn't make you a bad person :)

Indeed BOF, in fact someone from the stroke association put a link to it saying "Houlston turns bad Frankie Boyle joke into good" I thought that was a bit unfair & replied to them saying "it made me chuckle"

Anyway since the Boyle retweet nearly 70 people have donated. The stroke association also want to put it in their magazine & website along with a story on how I had my stroke etc. I've become a minor celebrity in the stroke world ha ha

Â