Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

On Saturday i'll be the proud owner of a dishwasher for the first time in my life.

Never really seen the appeal as it possible to wash up the dishes from a dinner for 4 in about 15 minutes. But saw one on offer so thought we'd get one.

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

On Saturday i'll be the proud owner of a dishwasher for the first time in my life.

Never really seen the appeal as it possible to wash up the dishes from a dinner for 4 in about 15 minutes. But saw one on offer so thought we'd get one.

Climbing the social ladder?? 

One of the pre requisites of being allowed into the middle class gang.

Will u soon be having a larf and a barth too? 

:D

• Like 1

From Stereogum

EMAIL
TWEET
PIN IT
REDDIT
Yoko Ono References Old <em>Simpsons</em> Joke About Her In Art Exhibit

Way back in 1993, The Simpsons opened its fifth season with an episode titled “Homer’s Barbershop Quartet.” In the episode, Homer Simpson starts a band called the Be Sharps with Barney, Apu, and Principle Skinner. The band’s trajectory vaguely follows that of the Beatles, and they even name their sophomore album Bigger Than Jesus, in reference to a comment John Lennon made about his own band way back in the day. Barney eventually starts dating a Yoko Ono-esque woman, who orders “a single plum floating in perfume served in a man’s hat” at Moe’s Tavern. And now, over two decades later, Ono has referenced the joke at an exhibition at the Reykjavik Art Museum. The artist curated the exhibit, which is titled “Yoko Ono: One More Story…,” and it features her own work as well as the work of several other artists. The Icelandic performance artist Ragnar Kjartansson contributed a literal “single plum, floating in perfume, served in a man’s hat” to the show. You can check out photos of the piece and watch the original Simpsons clip below.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I can confirm this. 

A colleague at work also said similar, I remember her telling me that she was going out that weekend so her dad could buy all the gold she needed for the wedding 

Just now, MakemineVanilla said:

Not forgetting an extra hour in bed on Sunday morning because the clocks go back. 

Very important.  Makes me that bit more sober for the derby.

25 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

The Anthony Jeselnik  stand up on Netflix "Thoughts and Prayers"

There's dark and then there's Jeselnik.

He has watermelons for bollocks that guy !

Spoiler

But hey, don't forget me! 

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

In my own wedding this year, it was agreed that the bride's parents pay everything, and further that we would get married wherever that budget carried us, so we got married in the community centre hall of their old people's lifestyle community in rural Canada (cost of hall rental - nothing). We spent the two days before the ceremony, both families, decorating the hall ourselves, and we eventually got married standing between the shuffleboard markings. Of course it sounds ridiculous, but nowhere near as ridiculous as spending £24k on a wedding. 

That actually doesn't sound ridiculous at all.  Sounds amazing, and totally unique too.

In terms of expense on a wedding, it's all relative isn't it?  We spent a big lump on our wedding, and I don't regret it at all.  We were in a position to do so, and so we did.  It was only 50 people, and we had it in Santorini.  We didn't think we'd ever get those 50 people together in the same place again, and  we wanted to have a huge celebration.  We even brought a film crew over from London to make a music video of the footage.

It was amazing, and the video still gives me goosebumps now.  If I hadn't spent it on a wedding I'd have spent it on shit like cars and clothes anyway...  And I've never got goosebumps from looking at a pair of jeans.

• Like 1

Â