Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Doing an HR "Webinar" at work on managing discipline.... Whilst listening to the HR manager delivering the training call "Jade" all names under the sun forgetting her much is live!

We had a young crow sort of controlled crash into our garden early on Tuesday. It came in from the tall trees just across the way. It wandered around the garden all morning flapping and crashing into stuff but unable to get back out as it couldn't get the altitude to clear the garage / conservatory / hedges. By mid afternoon I decided to phone the RSPB for advice. Their advice was don't phone us we don't do crows, here's the number of a local nutter come random bird lover. I phoned the number and the nice lady advised the best thing to do was ignore it other than leave out a little food such as dogfood or corned beef. It'd get stronger and eventually fly off in a day or two.

Well, today, at about 6pm it managed sufficient lift to get to the top of our green house. Then did a quick low level bombing raid across the lawn and flew off back to its tree!

Julie Delpy  :wub:

If only I could like 456763456765 times.

I can't wait to see Before Midnight. The first two are easily among my favourite films.

Yep, brilliant movies.

The scene in the first one where they on a tram (iirc) which is done in one long shot with each line of dialogue beautifully delivered. Oh, and the soundbooth scene, oh and the...well yeah all great stuff. 

Getting away from my desk, going into the gents and standing at a urinal just to pick my nose, let out a big trump and scratch my nuts for a few a minutes. I then wash my hands and compose myself before returning to the office floor. 

Some people have chocolate, but that's my afternoon pick me up.

• Like 3

Gabrielle Aplin

didn't have a clue who she was but saw her on TV the other day  .. she's now high on my list of people to errrm  " get acquainted with " should the 4 minute warning go off

Just bought myself a new guitar. 

Fender Classic Player 'Baja' Telecaster.

55eda68a8f5f177fe29b745f18efa2a7.png

Arrives tomorrow, very excited! 

You bought a guitar without trying it out in the shop???  :o

You bought a guitar without trying it out in the shop???  :o

I tried it alright, I just couldn't afford it at the time! Got in touch with the shop and turns out they had the same guitar I liked - (I noted down the serial). Andertons.co.uk by the way, if you're interested. Fantastic place. 

Edited by PompeyVillan

Gabrielle Aplin

didn't have a clue who she was but saw her on TV the other day  .. she's now high on my list of people to errrm  " get acquainted with " should the 4 minute warning go off

Born in '92, just for the record...

What tune will you christen it with?

Watched a film in 3D today which is the first one since my stroke. Wasn't sure my eyes would be quite up to it and thought my brain might start to 'burn' and perhaps it might even set off some of the nerve pain I can encounter around my head and face. But actually non of that happened and I think it almost looked like it would have done pre-stroke. Chuffed.

• Like 1

Watched a film in 3D today which is the first one since my stroke. Wasn't sure my eyes would be quite up to it and thought my brain might start to 'burn' and perhaps it might even set off some of the nerve pain I can encounter around my head and face. But actually non of that happened and I think it almost looked like it would have done pre-stroke. Chuffed.

Did you see the news articles about stem cell treatment for stroke victims the other day ? Some interesting results

Â