Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Is the suggestion that an attacker willing to set themselves alight and die for their beliefs would be discouraged by having to pay a fiver? If I were a terrorist about to kill myself and as many innocents as possible in an airport carpark, I'm not sure I'd be concerned about overstaying and getting a parking ticket.

They know it's stupid, they know we know it's stupid, and the robbing bastards know they'll get away with it.

Not that simple, you used to be able to drive up to the terminal doors but they blocked access to that road apart from buses and disabled access (by prior arrangement) and put the pickup drop off area on the other side of the now closed loop road

But the stupid logic still applies because they'd just get the bus and probably kill more people as the bus would guarantee more people in the vicinity at the time of the explosion both on the bus and waiting to be picked up

And if anyone knows Liverpool Airport, the front of it is essentially one huge glass wall the entire length of the building, they did absolutely nothing the strengthen that glass.

Peel Holdings are not entirely unknown for milking any situation possible to rinse people of their money

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s not about the money, it’s the fact that you cannot get close to the terminal entrance in your car anymore. So everyone has to go into the extortionately priced car park.

Maybe all the non-terrorists could get a little badge with sunflowers on it so we could still use the road by the terminal doors? 

They actually had to create the car park in Liverpool

Sunflowers will get you nowhere unless you've informed them in advance of your arrival

Just now, bickster said:

But the stupid logic still applies because they'd just get the bus and probably kill more people as the bus would guarantee more people in the vicinity at the time of the explosion both on the bus and waiting to be picked up

It's the same for all the stuff at airports though isn't it? We're always preparing to stop the previous attack, and all you're ever going to do is change the target, which I guess is mission accomplished from an airport's perspective, but from a national perspective, all we're doing is wasting money and making flying incredibly annoying and inconvenient, all the while absolutely nothing changes on the underground after the bombings there. 

In Nottingham, for some reason someone decided it was a great use of budget to put up lots of protection around the cricket and football grounds to prevent an attacker mowing down attendees. Paid for by the council, but there's sod all at the high street 30 seconds down the road. Someone was seen to be doing something though, so that's alright.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's the same for all the stuff at airports though isn't it? We're always preparing to stop the previous attack, and all you're ever going to do is change the target, which I guess is mission accomplished from an airport's perspective, but from a national perspective, all we're doing is wasting money and making flying incredibly annoying and inconvenient, all the while absolutely nothing changes on the underground after the bombings there. 

In Nottingham, for some reason someone decided it was a great use of budget to put up lots of protection around the cricket and football grounds to prevent an attacker mowing down attendees. Paid for by the council, but there's sod all at the high street 30 seconds down the road. Someone was seen to be doing something though, so that's alright.

Unless of course you can monetise the fear

Just popped to Sainsburys for some beer and they've got daffodils in.  Bought a few bunches of them. Should brighten the place up tomorrow now Christmas has gone from the house.  Can't beat a bunch of daffodils to cheer the place up. They are a happy flower. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just popped to Sainsburys for some beer and they've got daffodils in.  Bought a few bunches of them. Should brighten the place up tomorrow now Christmas has gone from the house.  Can't beat a bunch of daffodils to cheer the place up. They are a happy flower. 

Were you wandering lonely as a cloud? 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Were you wandering lonely as a cloud? 

Well I wasn't Beside the lake, beneath the trees, but the Sainsburys roof was leaking so it was more a puddle beneath some mould. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Gay GIF

• Haha 4

On 17/01/2022 at 14:04, Genie said:

It’s not about the money, it’s the fact that you cannot get close to the terminal entrance in your car anymore. So everyone has to go into the extortionately priced car park.

Maybe all the non-terrorists could get a little badge with sunflowers on it so we could still use the road by the terminal doors? 

There's a free drop off car park at Birmingham airport. It's a 2 minute walk from the terminal.

They turned the one right next to the terminal into the premium drop off, hence the charge, because it got so ridiculously busy. I used to park at Birmingham Airport every day and it was absolute, total carnage. Sometimes it would take me an hour (genuinely) just to get out of the car park I parked in because of the traffic there.

So I don't blame them at all for discouraging people from using that car park

Edited by Stevo985

1 hour ago, Eidolon said:

My girlfriend bought me a gigantic stuffed Pokèmon to cheer me up a bit because I’m still suffering from the COVID. I know it’s pretty silly as a 28year old woman but hey, she knows what I like 😅

There is a giant snorlax in this house. It is bloody massive. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eidolon said:

My girlfriend bought me a gigantic stuffed Pokèmon to cheer me up a bit because I’m still suffering from the COVID. I know it’s pretty silly as a 28year old woman but hey, she knows what I like 😅

Pics or GTFO 😂

• Haha 1

Â