Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Was never a huge Blur fan back in the day but Coffee and TV sounded excellent there on TFI.

Ha, seeing Rob Walker from the snooker doing the elephant with his gut and bugger me the things I'd do to Rita Ora. Proper nostalgia fest.

• Like 1

TFI Friday.

Not last nights show (although decent) but the clips of the older shows, which made me realise how great it was for a few years. A TV show for the times, I think it captured the mood of the nation perfectly 

I always remember tfi Friday for Shaun tyder swearing, twice in separate shows

Not sure if its still in place but he was banned from ever appearing live on c4

I took my missus for a romantic meal yesterday.

Once the nipper was despatched to school, we went for a builders breakfast in a proper old school cafe down the docks. Basically, a pyramid of fried food and a mug of tea for a fiver.

As though that wasn't awesome enough, the A4 advertising sheet on the wall was even better. It turns out the two ladies that run the cafe down the docks have co-written their first 'eye-popping erotic novel'. They'd had it vanity printed and you could buy copies from the counter!

Good on them. Half of me wants to go back and get a copy just to see how 'eye-popping' it could be. The other half of me hasn't got the bottle to see into the mind of a dock cafe worker.

• Like 2

Except didn't they then put him in the Big Brother house?

People saying **** and preferably word removed before the watershed cheers me up no end.

I took my missus for a romantic meal yesterday.

Once the nipper was despatched to school, we went for a builders breakfast in a proper old school cafe down the docks. Basically, a pyramid of fried food and a mug of tea for a fiver.

As though that wasn't awesome enough, the A4 advertising sheet on the wall was even better. It turns out the two ladies that run the cafe down the docks have co-written their first 'eye-popping erotic novel'. They'd had it vanity printed and you could buy copies from the counter!

Good on them. Half of me wants to go back and get a copy just to see how 'eye-popping' it could be. The other half of me hasn't got the bottle to see into the mind of a dock cafe worker.

Puts me in mind of the tale of the legendarily scary Hull fishwives. Supposedly at a Hull City home game, this lass was giving abuse to the players, and a voice piped up: "D'you mind toning down your language a bit, love? There's dockers listening up here".
  • Like 2

Except didn't they then put him in the Big Brother house?

People saying **** and preferably word removed before the watershed cheers me up no end.

"Big Brother house, this is Davina, do not say f*ck or bugger"
  • Like 3

Sitting on the beach with an ice cold beer and watching the sea. Nothing puts it all into consideration like those moments.

Is that you Mr Trim?
  • Like 3

That mark hughes clearly played the hell out of football manager 12 or 13? And no other football manager, game since.

muniesa, bojan, now joselu...

What's he gonna do in 10 years when they're all retiring.

That mark hughes clearly played the hell out of football manager 12 or 13? And no other football manager, game since.

muniesa, bojan, now joselu...

What's he gonna do in 10 years when they're all retiring.

In the old version I used to scout the top players just before they retired, and then you were automatically scouting their young equivalent when they were regenerated the following season with the same stats just as a 17 year old. He can just do that :thumb:

Sitting on the beach with an ice cold beer and watching the sea. Nothing puts it all into consideration like those moments.

i went to blackpool at the beginning of january believe it or not and the walk on the beach in the freezing cold was amazing. really enjoyed it, love the coast.

• Like 2

i went to blackpool at the beginning of january believe it or not and the walk on the beach in the freezing cold was amazing. really enjoyed it, love the coast.

I could take it or leave it, not really bothered.  ;)

this evening's tide:

CHpLRGmWUAEo9mc.jpg

B)

• Like 3

Â