Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

I was impressed with him again. He seemed composed and calm. I also liked that he seemed like a leader, and looked like he was trying to always know where his other defenders were and let them know where he wanted to be / them to be.

He still needs some time to get there fully but looks like the can be a future star.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really impressed with Clark, always looks to play the short pass and very composed. Compliments dunne very well 2 very different Cbs.

Dunne,Cuellar- last ditch all action defenders

Collins,Clark- Composure and good distributors of the ball

Nice options and I think it's time to let Davies go, not liking his attitude lately Clark as 4th choice will do the job.

A very very assured performance. I noticed one mistake in the second half that Dunne sorted out. He looked like he had played there for years and for me it was every bit as good as Albrighton's performance. Hopefully he will get more games as I suspect whoever gets the manager's job will not pick favourite players each week nor persistently play players pout of position either.

One thing's for sure we do not need five CBs and for me the player who goes is Davies not least as he's probably the one who is easiest to sell for a decent price given his (apparent) wages and his age.

I think the lad is class, not just from his very composed debut against Fulham last season but always looks a class act in the reserves aswell.

Rate him the most highly of our current young hopefuls tbh, rate him more than Cahill who I was a big fan of aswell.

Most important thing with any young centre half is they play alongside an experience premier league centre back and few better around than Dunney.

My stance has always been don't sell Luke Young and play him at RB and then have Dunney and Carlos as first choice with Clark and Collins brilliant back up in case of injuries and suspensions. Sell Davies for 5m.

With the events of the last week we have that now.

a good display, needs a real challenge now. maybe a start against vienna or the second leg. Also hope Davies gets another chance before being shipped out. Not heard if he was injured yesterday

I'm guessing it was to do with his knee.

Unfortunately he's one of them there Cockerneeeees
He's from the posh end of London actually.

Don't give me that Bow Bells shite, as far as I'm concerned if you're born inside the M25 then you're a crooked pearly suit wearing, spoon playing Cockney.

Â