Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can play them on FM10, you just delete a file somewhere in Program Files, i forget which, and where.

Thats true, its in here C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\db\1000\lnc\all

Ive got it so every competition is the proper names and teams and holland and germany are playable for the national teams

I haven't played this since 02.03 and from what I can remember it got far too complex and you couldn't get to grips with the level of detail.

if you didn't setup detailed training regimes and monitor each player to improve development you basically did shite.

can you actually play the newer versions without having to spend about an hour before each game pissing about?

Not true, I don't bother with training very much at all. Beyond appointing coaches, then automatically setting up who is working on what aspect and making sure the AI does it properly.

Some people play the game by focussing massively on training and individual players, they decide if he had 2 points for pace, 1 for strength, 3 for finishing and 2 for off the ball he'd be perfect for their tactic so they set about putting him on schedules to do that. No real interest for me in doing that.

• 2 weeks later...

Andy, not sure if I should ask this in FM10 thread or this, but if you were to ever of done the ratings for the likes of Cowans, McGrath, Little etc what sort of attributes and ability would they have had? Just trying to put it into perespective agianst modern day footballers. Only really ever saw latter McGrath years

That is a really tough question!

The only one of those 3 who I ever saw in the flesh was McGrath and I have no idea how I'd replicate his mercurial talents and of course I wasn't watching him at the time with FM in mind!! I'm not sure how I'd be able to make his attributes fit into the sort of CA he may be worthy of (in other words if I gave him a CA equivalent to Rio Ferdinand I'd have to give him high numbers for a lot of attributes or the game would automatically assign extra points).

He'd certainly have a higher CA than any player I've ever rated, but the key is to try to build the players character into his profile and I think in cases of the finest players in the World (currently and in the past) this is where the game falls down. Partly because of other players being generally overated in various areas but also because the top players tend to become very similar looking with lots of 17, 18, 19 and 20s!! That said it is important to make sure you don't create players who are caricatures of themselves.

I suppose you'd have to be looking at a CA of at least 165 for McGrath, possibly even into the early 170s.

We do work under guidelines for CA, but they are exactly that so if it is necessary to exceed (or indeed drop below) those guidelines. We also have a forum where we work together to make sure everything is in line with where it should be, for example the Premier League researchers will post up their CAs and we'll debate how they fit in.

Â