Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not for FM2011 I won't!!

I'll give you a couple of examples from FM2010, pre patch, so effectively from this time last year.

John Carew - CA 150 PA 160

Nicky Shorey - CA 128 PA 148

James Milner - CA 147 PA 165

Ciaran Clark - CA 100 PA -8

Nathan Baker - CA 94 PA -8

Not for FM2011 I won't!!

I'll give you a couple of examples from FM2010, pre patch, so effectively from this time last year.

So youngsters have a much wider variance on PA? Is that why on some games they turn out really good and others not so good despite treating them in the same manner?

Not for FM2011 I won't!!

Ahh okay, personally, I'd put Albrighton around CA 110, PA-8.

Clark similar.

Milner CA around 155-160, PA 165 still, I think he's pretty much at the top of his game right now.

Darren Bent CA 250.

Saturday hasn't changed my opinion at all on him, I've been thinking he's ready since last season, saturday only showed me that mine and many others holding a similar opinion look to be right....there are still flaws in his game and a while to go yet but for me on FM11, he should be good enough for the gamers to feel confident enough in starting and not just ship away on loan or sell like i'd guess some people do.

Well actually if I look at shorey's, I'd probably say Albrighton is more 114-118 range. I'm not sure he has great qualities on FM though, more just his confidence, determination, energy, pace rather than great technical qualities, although his crossing is worth 14-15 IMO.

Just in case you missed it, did edit it to say a little higher.

I think you are right, you have to be cautious. He should be Premiership playable but he's also not near a finished article yet. If the likes of Shorey was his age just making his first league debut, i'd probably say Shorey was currently a better player so i think CA is right.

That isn't the job of a manager though. But FML comes pretty close to that, maybe you should try it?

yeah your right but it does expand the game more to make more to do. its included in the fifa manager game though

Was just wondering, I expect some people will hope to see him having a CA of somewhere in the mid 120s.

115 CA right now, I think. Potentially 130 for the usual update you guys do, if he shows he can play that way for a period of 3/4 months.

Was just wondering, I expect some people will hope to see him having a CA of somewhere in the mid 120s.

115 CA right now, I think. Potentially 130 for the usual update you guys do, if he shows he can play that way for a period of 3/4 months.

The problem with that is the fact he hasn't shown that he can play at a CA of 115 for any period.

I agree, if the coaches think he's up there with Delfouneso, then he should be around the same, a little less though.

He hasn't done anything to prove he as at the level of Delfouneso yet. I understood it that the feeling was that he was in form and with 1 up front and Heskey the obvious replacement, having a confident Weimann who is scoring goals was the better option to throw on if we needed something rather than Delfouneso.

Surely you have to take into account what you think he can produce this season as well?

He's had a good pre-season two years running and showed vs West Ham he's a good player, of course you can't base a player on what he could be like and that alone but surely that has to be taken into account just a little bit? If Shorey is 128?? I'd hardly say 115 is over-rating Albrighton.

I think C.Clark should be about 125 CA though.

That would put him on a par with defenders who have played at the top end of the Championship and lower end of the Premier League for a number of years. Clark has just a couple of games under his belt.

I think C.Clark should be about 125 CA though.

That would put him on a par with defenders who have played at the top end of the Championship and lower end of the Premier League for a number of years. Clark has just a couple of games under his belt.

Personal opinion, I believe if he played a full season, he'd be seen as around a top half defender, I believe he has that ability, unfortunately he's behind other very good centre backs.

No doubt in my mind he's stand out in the Championship and is better than alot of defenders at the bottom of the Premiership.

Again, just personal opinion but you have done this for years and are good at it, so your are doing it right even if i disagree. :)

Andy, any chance you could give Milner a loyalty rating of 1 :winkold: (I'm already expecting the Citeh researcher to blow a gasket and make the Citeh squad all world beaters!!!!)

as for our youth, I understand the CA being around 115-120 mark for the likes of Clarke and Albrighton but what do you consider their PA??

I personally think both have the attributes and potential to play a very good standard of Premier League footie so would expect around the 155+ mark - is that appropriate???

As for Weimman, we haven't seen much of him, bar for the reserves but he is highly rated - will he have a fixed PA or will he still be classed as a youth product so be given -8 etc?

Finally will the young players who went out on loan (ie Bannan, Lichaj, Lowey, Herd etc) be improved following a season of competitive football albeit in the Championship or League One - where all of them held their own??

Â