Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

Surely you have to take into account what you think he can produce this season as well?

He's had a good pre-season two years running and showed vs West Ham he's a good player, of course you can't base a player on what he could be like and that alone but surely that has to be taken into account just a little bit? If Shorey is 128?? I'd hardly say 115 is over-rating Albrighton.

Preseason is pretty much meaningless in the grand scheme of things. I understand that West Ham fans thought they were going to have a great start following their preseason. There are plenty of players around, who, if rated on the preseason they had would be falsely high.

It is a case of trying to fit him in where he is at today, that may be 115, I am just trying to get across the point that many young players come in and play a handful of really good games but it is not a true reflection on their actual ability.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think C.Clark should be about 125 CA though.

That would put him on a par with defenders who have played at the top end of the Championship and lower end of the Premier League for a number of years. Clark has just a couple of games under his belt.

Personal opinion, I believe if he played a full season, he'd be seen as around a top half defender, I believe he has that ability, unfortunately he's behind other very good centre backs.

No doubt in my mind he's stand out in the Championship and is better than alot of defenders at the bottom of the Premiership.

Again, just personal opinion but you have done this for years and are good at it, so your are doing it right even if i disagree. :)

Not necessarily disagreeing with you but he has to prove that first, if he shows that kind of form then he will be rated accordingly.

Andy, any chance you could give Milner a loyalty rating of 1 :winkold: (I'm already expecting the Citeh researcher to blow a gasket and make the Citeh squad all world beaters!!!!)

as for our youth, I understand the CA being around 115-120 mark for the likes of Clarke and Albrighton but what do you consider their PA??

I personally think both have the attributes and potential to play a very good standard of Premier League footie so would expect around the 155+ mark - is that appropriate???

As for Weimman, we haven't seen much of him, bar for the reserves but he is highly rated - will he have a fixed PA or will he still be classed as a youth product so be given -8 etc?

Finally will the young players who went out on loan (ie Bannan, Lichaj, Lowey, Herd etc) be improved following a season of competitive football albeit in the Championship or League One - where all of them held their own??

Nope! I don't blame Milner to be honest, don't think it particularly comes down to loyalty. City will be fine in game.

I think the CA of anything towards 120 is optomistic for 2 players who have a couple of starts between them. As for PA if we head into the 150s then you are talking about players who would be stars at pretty much anybody outside the top 4.

Weimann is making very early strides into first team football, it is still very difficult to predict just where he is likely to get too.

When a player is loaned out, the researcher for that club is able to rate the player based on what they have seen, at a level they know, in the context of the rest of that squad. I've quite happily accepted the changes that have been made.

Was just wondering, I expect some people will hope to see him having a CA of somewhere in the mid 120s.

115 CA right now, I think. Potentially 130 for the usual update you guys do, if he shows he can play that way for a period of 3/4 months.

The problem with that is the fact he hasn't shown that he can play at a CA of 115 for any period.

Fm10 before being out on loan, Cleverley of United had a CA of 120, I think Albrighton is not far off that.

I remember looking at most young prospects for the PL and they had a PA of between 110 and 125 - players who had not had experience, yet ours are very low compared.

Cleverly had 15 games at Leicester by that point in time.

I'm just pointing out that rating players has to be done over a period of time, this may lead to some players being underrated for a period of time between game release and patches. If every young player who started the season well was given a relatively high CA then there'd be overrated players all over the place.

Cleverly had 15 games at Leicester by that point in time.

I'm just pointing out that rating players has to be done over a period of time, this may lead to some players being underrated for a period of time between game release and patches. If every young player who started the season well was given a relatively high CA then there'd be overrated players all over the place.

Otherwise known as the spurs squad :winkold:

Andy, any chance you could give Milner a loyalty rating of 1 :winkold: (I'm already expecting the Citeh researcher to blow a gasket and make the Citeh squad all world beaters!!!!)

as for our youth, I understand the CA being around 115-120 mark for the likes of Clarke and Albrighton but what do you consider their PA??

I personally think both have the attributes and potential to play a very good standard of Premier League footie so would expect around the 155+ mark - is that appropriate???

As for Weimman, we haven't seen much of him, bar for the reserves but he is highly rated - will he have a fixed PA or will he still be classed as a youth product so be given -8 etc?

Finally will the young players who went out on loan (ie Bannan, Lichaj, Lowey, Herd etc) be improved following a season of competitive football albeit in the Championship or League One - where all of them held their own??

Nope! I don't blame Milner to be honest, don't think it particularly comes down to loyalty. City will be fine in game.

I think the CA of anything towards 120 is optomistic for 2 players who have a couple of starts between them. As for PA if we head into the 150s then you are talking about players who would be stars at pretty much anybody outside the top 4.

Weimann is making very early strides into first team football, it is still very difficult to predict just where he is likely to get too.

When a player is loaned out, the researcher for that club is able to rate the player based on what they have seen, at a level they know, in the context of the rest of that squad. I've quite happily accepted the changes that have been made.

Cheers Andy - (I was only joking about the Milner loyalty point though!)

Improved Downing's crossing a bit?His flair is terrible too, 6? That's the same as CB's. Young gets a touch under rated too, or his crossing, corners and dribbling do at least.

As for Clark, I think he should have the potential to be ast least as good as Cuellar, Davies or Collins, not good enough right away though.

And Albrighton, I got sick of him being useless so whilst I was moving Ireland into Villa with the editor I edited Albrighton slightly, just put his acceleration to 16, pace 15, crossing 14 and put his dribbling to about 13, made him at least useful whilst nothing special.

Keep Ireland's stats pretty much the same as FM10? He had a poor season because of City.

Ireland will have been rated by the Man City researcher.

Albrighton is nothing like pace 15, that is the main thing lacking in his game the little bit of pace that can carry him beyond a fullback.

Downing was rated last year by the Middlesbrough researcher and to be honest I don't disagree with many of his attributes, based on last season he was overrated if anything.

Albrighton is nothing like pace 15, that is the main thing lacking in his game the little bit of pace that can carry him beyond a fullback.

Downing was rated last year by the Middlesbrough researcher and to be honest I don't disagree with many of his attributes, based on last season he was overrated if anything.

Albrighton doesn't exactly seem to be slow. :? quicker than Milner anyway from what I've seen.

Anyway, surely you've got to rate his current ability a little bit on potential. He's playing so well for us, it'd be a shame to get the game and then find out he's still wank and we have to send him on loan because simply when you play him in the Prem, he ain't good enough.

i hope villa get a good amount to spend like 10-15m not a mesley amount like the last one

This has been explained hundreds of times on here.

I know why, you know why but is it actually written in this thread? (ive not really checked)

i hope villa get a good amount to spend like 10-15m not a mesley amount like the last one

I know why, you know why but is it actually written in this thread? (ive not really checked)

Not this thread. i meant "here" as in VT.

Albrighton doesn't exactly seem to be slow. :? quicker than Milner anyway from what I've seen.

Anyway, surely you've got to rate his current ability a little bit on potential. He's playing so well for us, it'd be a shame to get the game and then find out he's still wank and we have to send him on loan because simply when you play him in the Prem, he ain't good enough.

No, he is not slow, that has never come into the equation. I rate him about the same as Milner to be fair.

I understand what you are saying, but that doesn't really make sense. How can I rate his current ability based on his potential?

Was just saying that perhaps Dem hasnt read the other massive threads? (i dunno)

Andy takes into account what a manager spends in the summer so you dont end up with all villa's new players and a massive transfer budget. If the transfer budget is spent over the summer in real life, you dont get to spend it again in the game Dem!

I'll explain it for completeness!!

Simply put, you can't have the transfer budget and the players that the club have already signed. SI choose to go down the route of including all transfers up to the end of the window.

The same thing crops up every year with gamers fed up because they have a measly £3million to spend.

I'll explain it for completeness!!

Simply put, you can't have the transfer budget and the players that the club have already signed. SI choose to go down the route of including all transfers up to the end of the window.

The same thing crops up every year with gamers fed up because they have a measly £3million to spend.

Its like an echo ;)

One big problem I do have is that, whilst I think most of the ratings are spot on it seems a lot of other people rate clubs like 10 year old fans. Compare Barry to Petrov on that game, is Barry that much better than Petrov really? I wouldn't say so, the differences are minimal IMO. I mean, Barry's pace is 11 in that game, meaning that he runs about as fast as Albrighton and Milner. What the ****?

I agree with almost everything else, particularly Carew, Gabby and our entire defense. Just, midfield to me seems absolutely dire, even Hull are technically better than Villa on FM. Something wrong there.

Hi Andy. I think you do a very good job with the Villa team on the whole. Shame the same can't be said about that over-zealous Spurs researcher. It seems they are all like Glaston, ridiculously over-rating their team! They consistently win the league in my game.

Anyway! What I wanted to ask was for a few more details on how player data affects the match engine. For example, is it better to have high CA or high attributes, or even a high 'positional rating' from Genie Scout. I have previously been told that one-footed players have boosted attributes. If this is true, players can have similar technical attributes but a noticeably different CA. Would the better player always be the one with higher CA?

Â