Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

You're right Gazton, I'd have to sway more to Trees as he seems to know his shit.

And considering the bet I just put on, I **** hope he's right :)

lol, so do i!!

come on gerard, just hope its not a 'direcotr of football' role as we could have done our cash!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be Houllier as manager or DoF though? I'm hoping manager as that would mean Mac would be picking the team and doing all the manager stuff still which I wouldn't be too keen on. Houllier as manager I wouldn't mind though, worth a cheeky bet if the trees is correct.

Thing is wherever he is going it might not have anything to do with Villa. But the Jet is heading to Paris

Randy has gone on a romantic few days break with Paul and General Krulak then.

If I had my own jet I'd be off for a day at Disney Paris every now and then too.

Tower of Terror is ace.

YEs but if its Houllier thats coming in, then he will be DOF with probably KMAc as Manager / Coach. Who do the bookies pay out on in that circumstance? I'd suggest KMac, who is still at about evens

They'd pay out on KMac.

thats the worry!

Like him or not, Curbishley is highly qualified and available. This alone is a reason for Randy to interview him and seriously consider him. If Randy is serious about the wellbeing of the club he will want to be thorough and listen to what people like Curbishley have to say about their vision for the club - if only to have some point of comparison for other candidates. After all, knowing what you don't want is often as important as knowing what you do want.

At the end of the day, if Curbishley got the job it would be because he was able to articulate and sell a vision for the club and its future that is on the same page as Randy's - and if Randy feels that he is the man to take us forward and a man with whom he can work closely, then it would be a good thing for the club - as long as Curbs can deliver on his vision.

At this point in time though, having an interview merely means he is one of the stronger candidates, not the favourite.

This x 100

MM do you know anything?

No seriously other than what I posted the other day . I don't think they will go for Curbishley but can see why he would get an interview he is part of the rat pack that surrounds Alex Ferguson but had such a bad time at West Ham think his barrow was Charlton personally .

I am warming to Houlier think it would be a great appointment and maybe more imaginative in the transfer market as someone just text me . Yes he has made mistaakes but who hasn't !

They told me they want to appoint a Manager who can build on what we have got but they didn't want any short term appointment . There are a few mixed messages coming out though recently which has confused me