danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting read here

http://tinyurl.com/34k9zq6

Graham Taylors thoughts on the Manager situation

Is basically saying he thinks it's time to move on from the typical all embracing manager to a head coach with some of the responsibilities such as money, transfers etc dealt with by someone else. He think KM would be a good choice as he is unsure about the candidates who are avaliable & others are tied up elsewhere i.e. Hughes & Jol

Very interesting read here

http://tinyurl.com/34k9zq6

Graham Taylors thoughts on the Manager situation

Thanks for this, very interesting view given his relationship with the club.

Yeah i like the way he sees it as a potential opportunity to tighten the ship & challenge the top 4 properly but also sees the potential dangers too!

(Soz for not posting a copy of the article but my copy & paste has decided to stop working :( )

For God's sake, lets stop trying to talk ourselves into being okay with the choice of Alan **** Curbishley. This is the same manager that Zamora, Koncheskey and another ex-spammers Fulham player (Pantsil :/ ?) threatened to strike over if appointed to replace Hodgson. Talk to West Ham fans about him. Only Brown is worse. If O'Neill had left at the end of last season Hughes, Hodgson and McClaren would be realistic candidates, now they are pipe dreams. And managers of that class shouldn't be. It's not like we're asking for Mourinho, Fergie, Wenger. MON really has left us balls deep in shit.

Very good read, and I have to say I agree with absolutely everything Graham Taylor said!

I have totally the opposite view. Sounds like he is pitching himself for a DoF job and is embarassing. I really now hope KM gets the job and makes everyone eat their words.

Very good read, and I have to say I agree with absolutely everything Graham Taylor said!

I have totally the opposite view. Sounds like he is pitching himself for a DoF job and is embarassing. I really now hope KM gets the job and makes everyone eat their words.

Sounds like nothing of the sort.

I see it as a winner, , The players get to keep their beloved KMAC, KMAC gets to continue his beloved "coaching", either being Head Coach or Assistant manager. He gets to help the new Incumbent etc with the runnings of the club, and hopefully the new incumbent will be that name who can both attract the larger players, have sound financial dealings, expand the scouting network etc etc.

I see it as a winner, , The players get to keep their beloved KMAC, KMAC gets to continue his beloved "coaching", either being Head Coach or Assistant manager. He gets to help the new Incumbent etc with the runnings of the club, and hopefully the new incumbent will be that name who can both attract the larger players, have sound financial dealings, expand the scouting network etc etc.

Oh god please not KMac, tactically he's even worse than MON. I mean, Ireland as holding CM?

Like him or not, Curbishley is highly qualified and available. This alone is a reason for Randy to interview him and seriously consider him. If Randy is serious about the wellbeing of the club he will want to be thorough and listen to what people like Curbishley have to say about their vision for the club - if only to have some point of comparison for other candidates. After all, knowing what you don't want is often as important as knowing what you do want.

At the end of the day, if Curbishley got the job it would be because he was able to articulate and sell a vision for the club and its future that is on the same page as Randy's - and if Randy feels that he is the man to take us forward and a man with whom he can work closely, then it would be a good thing for the club - as long as Curbs can deliver on his vision.

At this point in time though, having an interview merely means he is one of the stronger candidates, not the favourite.

I really can't believe people still think it's anyone other than Kevin MacDonald.

We leave it three weeks to see if he wants the job. He then publicly announces he wants job. OS highlight this fact. Players all clamour for him to be signed. Very easy (and cheap!) for Lerner to appoint him. It's a done deal.

BUT don't make that obvious to the public. Look like you're going through the options, look like you're exploring every avenue. Pretend you would have had money for transfers if the transfer window hadn't been closed on announcement of new manager. Finally leave it at least a few days/ week until after transfer window has closed to try to dampen down any suggestions of previous comment.

I'll quite happily eat my words but I'm convinced this is the case. Villa want to reduce the wage bill.... mmm, very lucky inexperienced guy desperate for a job in the top division or someone like Sven who may demand a reasonably high wage.... tricky....

:notworthy:

I know McLeish is tainted ( :) ), but I would take him over Curbishley any day.

In fact he'd be my choice ahead of Hughes, Sven, Allardyce and probably KM.

Don't understand the deathly silence every time his name is mentioned. He's ambitious, has a good record, and lives locally!

I don't know, I would prefer a longer term manager and if we hire him I just get the feeling he might **** off after 2 or 3 seasons at the helm.

I think that McLeish should be considered, he is better than most people mentioned for the job lately and is highly thought of by Ferguson.

Just saw that he had a row with his chairman over a new deal for himself, could he not have done this BEFORE the transfer window closed, and he signed Hleb, so he could have signed for us. (Even though it gives me the shivers just to think where he's been)