Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curbs moves to front of Villa job queue - Exclusive

Alan Curbishley's hopes of landing the Aston Villa job have been boosted after talks with the club.

Villa owner Randy Lerner returns to Birmingham today to weigh up his options on who should replace Martin O’Neill.

US businessman Lerner spent three days holed up at a London hotel with Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner interviewing candidates.

And Curbishley, who played for Aston Villa from 1983-1984, is believed to have met with them.

Curbishley,52, is out of work since leaving West Ham two years ago and previously spent 15 years establishing Charlton in the top-flight.

Villa chairman Lerner wants someone with Premier League experience as caretaker Kevin MacDonald is not their preferred option.

But potential moves for Everton’s David Moyes and Fulham’s Mark Hughes face huge hurdles with neither man in a rush to quit.

Curbishley’s fellow out-of-work bosses Gianfranco Zola, Gerard Houllier, Sven Goran Eriksson and Gareth Southgate are also very keen.

Curbishley told a Mirrorfootball podcast earlier this summer he would “love” the Villa job.

He said: “Anyone would be interested and I am, for sure. They are a massive club.

“I know a lot about them having played there and I would love it.”

Villa are fourth in the table after winning two of their first three League games despite O’Neill quitting five days before the start of the season.

But Villa crashed out of Europe under MacDonald following a shock loss to Austrian club Rapid Vienna and lost 6-0 at Newcastle.

click

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang: :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

You need to look no further that the author of this article, our old friend James Knobhead Nursey. When you read what he says its all about how much Curbishley wants to job but that does not make him the front runner.

All this from a man who claims to be ITK and who single handedly and gleefully stirred up the Milner transfer saga throughout the summer but failed to spot the elephant in the room which was the collapse of MON's relationship with the club. What a clearing in the woods.

I don't know if the Houiller stuff is based on him coming into the country today, but if so, then it could be harmless - he is due to be at Jamie Carragher's testimonial on Saturday - so 2+2 may equal 5 in this case....

You could be right, but it all depends if he is coming in on Randy's jet....I don't think he would be if he was just coming in for Carragher's testimonial.

It does, but not sure I should be giving it out on a public forum. Will just say its in Northern Europe and will take less than an hour to get there

Amsterdam.

Everyone it's Jol. Get down Laddie Bs and lump the **** on. :cheers:

50 Mins ish from BHX to AMS.

Damm and double damm. I forgot to ask Randy to bring me some chocolate HobNobs over as well....bolox.

I will let you know how it goes but he only wants advice on the next move manager wise.

Could be Germany then for McClaren or could be picking Klinsman up and his team....He maybe went to Germany to round them up before coming to England.

Or......We could do this all day and be wrong each time.

Well we might as well have some fun with it, we really will be the last to be told.