Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Whether someone is the right man or not will only be told by time.

We have to give whoever comes in a chance and support them whether we think they'll do well or not.

The last thing we need is another Downing/Heskey situation where people will slag them off because they didn't like them from the start - it doesn't do us or the team any good.

Sorry Lexicon if we appoint what I think is the wrong man then I shall voice my opinion as such. The new man would obviously get my support on match day etc. but i'm not going to pretend I am happy with an appointment if I am not.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have to give whoever comes in a chance and support them whether we think they'll do well or not.

The last thing we need is another Downing/Heskey situation where people will slag them off because they didn't like them from the start - it doesn't do us or the team any good.

I think Downing in particular was given a fair chance by the Villa fans when he arrived. He's not been anything close to a £12m player in his time so far.

Heskey has been a joke player for a number of years and seems to have gotten worse since being at VP. Again, I think the fans have been fair in their criticism of him.

KM has been given a chance but being humiliated at Newcastle and then dumped out of Europe at the first hurdle again means his popularity has slipped. I don't think any of the 3 mentioned can realistically expect much more.

23 days and counting. It can't be Kev Mac. We would have to have incompetent pricks running the club if after this long the best they could come up with was a reserve team coach who had never managed at any level before on a permanent basis oh and who also took 3 weeks and a chat with the girlfriend to decide if he was interested in managing one of the biggest clubs in the country.

23 days and counting. It can't be Kev Mac. We would have to have incompetent pricks running the club if after this long the best they could come up with was a reserve team coach who had never managed at any level before on a permanent basis oh and who also took 3 weeks and a chat with the girlfriend to decide if he was interested in managing one of the biggest clubs in the country.

What a load of bollox! :lol:

People judging KMac as 'not good enough' based on these first 5 games is in all honesty quite ridiculous. He should be given more time, as should any manager coming in. Let's say we do get in Moyes, Jol or Hiddink. Do you guys think they should be given the boot after 5 games in charge, if the outcome of those games where 2 wins, a draw and 2 losses? As painful a loss as the Newcastle match was, it was still only ONE game lost. Besides people thinking Newcastle away is going to be an easy game for anyone are seriously deluded.

I think it will be Klinsman who gets it. He's available, no compensation to be paid and a big enough name to bring the attention of the world's media to our club. If we are also to believe the rumours, Randy and diver are good mates.

I'd be happy enough with diver. Get us playing good football with loads of contacts around the world for transfers.

if the outcome of those games where 2 wins, a draw and 2 losses? As painful a loss as the Newcastle match was, it was still only ONE game lost

Might wanna re-do your maths there mate :D

Sorry, I now see I have expressed this very poorly. The first sentence has nothing to do with the latter. My point regarding the loss to Newcastle was that even though it was painful and humiliating, it still was only one football match that we lost. Some on here seem to think way too much of it really, like it's a sign of the annihilation of our club or whatever.

Vreitti, if you went to the game, then i'd think you would understand. A Championship Club being promoted are usually on the end of 6-0 hammerings not the other way round, he admitted he was tactically naive in the game but then went and picked the same team bar Collins against Everton who are a better side, if we had played Ireland we would would not have won that game.