Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would be very happy if it was klinsmann if i'm honest. Would prefer moyes or jol but they just aint gna happen.

Klinsmann would bring very attractive football to villa park, whether it would work who knows. But hes got the potential to be great, and would bring in some good german youngsters too!

I think it will be someone from abroad too. Klinsmann or Koeman with McDonald rewarded with asst manager or first team coach position. All the talk in the US recently was that Klinsmann was in talks to take over as USA manager but now Bradley has extended his contract he is certainly available.

This is my thought. Klinsmann as manager with KM as asst manager, at least in the interim. With the season already started and a severe shortage of coaching staff the new manager will be reliant on KM to get him up to speed with regard to the abilities of the players and their various strenghts/weakness, because whoever it is will have had limited time to watch us play apart from the past two weeks or so - assuming it is not another manager from the premiership.

That's another point - If it's KM then you would have assumed the club would have filled one or two of the vacant coaching staff positions,

at least short term as well as perhaps sign a couple of players.

The fact that everything has been put on a temporary footing with not enough staff surely appears to suggest they maybe expect some

externally chosen coaches to come in at some point.

IF its km then we can start to move on

If it's KM i'll be shocked because surely we would have bought some players of his choice in before the deadline. The guy ain't gonna wait till deadline day say......."Oh BTW Randy I'd like the job afterall & I'd like to sign......ooops sorry, silly me..it's too late! :oops:"

I think the whole KM thing has been a smoke screen for bigger targets and as perhaps a stop gap if all else fails.

Watch this space because I think we could be in for a surprise! :!:

You know ive been thinking it was km now for 3 weeks.

Just got a message off someone and i think you maybe be right. :oops:

(JUST A RUMOR....Lerner is not in the country at the moment, flew out for talks about the managers job.)

Is lerner out the country at the moment?......If so what country?

Lerner was at VP yesterday pm

If it's KM i'll be shocked because surely we would have bought some players of his choice in before the deadline. The guy ain't gonna wait till deadline day say......."Oh BTW Randy I'd like the job afterall & I'd like to sign......ooops sorry, silly me..it's too late! :oops:"

I think the whole KM thing has been a smoke screen for bigger targets and as perhaps a stop gap if all else fails.

(JUST A RUMOR....Lerner is not in the country at the moment, flew out for talks about the managers job.)

TheTrees said he flew out somewhere yesterday morning, if he had gone away for a short holiday break then I can't see him flying out and back to England in the same day.

Must have been AV related?

TheTrees said he flew out somewhere yesterday morning, if he had gone away for a short holiday break then I can't see him flying out and back to England in the same day.

Must have been AV related?

He held a meeting with the heads of Department around 3ish yesterday at the Holte .

If we get the right man in, I don't mind waiting a while.

This season is now about stability and organising a new plan for the future with a new man in charge. It'll take some time for things to settle down and the new guy is going to want to shape the team the way he wants, so we're in for some new change over the next year or two.

If we get the right man in, I don't mind waiting a while.

This season is now about stability and organising a new plan for the future with a new man in charge. It'll take some time for things to settle down and the new guy is going to want to shape the team the way he wants, so we're in for some new change over the next year or two.

I agree... if its the right man.

If its MacDonald or a manager of that standard then I will have a few questions for the general!

Whether someone is the right man or not will only be told by time.

We have to give whoever comes in a chance and support them whether we think they'll do well or not.

The last thing we need is another Downing/Heskey situation where people will slag them off because they didn't like them from the start - it doesn't do us or the team any good.