Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

I don't think Sven's signings were great myself. I wouldn't mind him here, but from the players bought.....

Elano is okay, I don't particularly like him in the Premiership.

Giovanni average.

Bojinov regularly injured.

Corluka is a good player.

Isaakson was decent enough.

Bianchi was poor.

Garrido pretty average.

Petrov decent one season, he was okay.

Caicedo is shit in my opinion.

Benjani, see Caicedo.

Gelson Fernandes is okay.

Out of those, I personally wouldn't have any in the Villa team.

I'd of like to seen O'Neill gamble a few times possibly with someone abroad but I understood what he wanted and would much prefer 90% of our buys be British Based players than players from other leagues with little Premiership experience. It's about a balance though.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Petrov(Or erm...no real left wing back up...not good enough for our squad?) is a good player, Cacaeido(Or Heskey?) is still very young and also a good player, look at Man City's first team and I guess it should give you a better idea of why they arent in it, a little birdie has told me it's not because their all GASH. :D . the others I don't really know about.

I think K Mac is the worst realistic appointment we could make.

1-0, backs to the wall, wave upon wave of Everton pressure and he doesn't use his spare 2 subs to break up the game and waste a bit of time. Unsporting yes, but Fergie would have used them, but not before asking them go and play out on the left wing first as to waste as much time coming off as possible.

By all accounts Mac is a nice guy, and in the big bad world of Premier League football, nice guys finish last. See Southgate, Shearer, Spragia etc.

If he made 2 more changes and Everton scored, would you be saying the same thing?

According to a seemingly well informed article published at 20.30 on the Guardian website, Villa have a shortlist of 5 headed by KM. Apparrently RL & PF were interviewing a candidate yesterday so it is very feasible that RL's trip abroad is to do an interview.

The article is quite detailed so they definitely have an inside track - check out and tell me what you think?

According to a seemingly well informed article published at 20.30 on the Guardian website, Villa have a shortlist of 5 headed by KM. Apparrently RL & PF were interviewing a candidate yesterday so it is very feasible that RL's trip abroad is to do an interview.

The article is quite detailed so they definitely have an inside track - check out and tell me what you think?

Clicky

In what way was it detailed?.....Just the interview?

Everything else that was said we already knew.

I think K Mac is the worst realistic appointment we could make.

1-0, backs to the wall, wave upon wave of Everton pressure and he doesn't use his spare 2 subs to break up the game and waste a bit of time. Unsporting yes, but Fergie would have used them, but not before asking them go and play out on the left wing first as to waste as much time coming off as possible.

By all accounts Mac is a nice guy, and in the big bad world of Premier League football, nice guys finish last. See Southgate, Shearer, Spragia etc.

If he made 2 more changes and Everton scored, would you be saying the same thing?

Obviously not, but why hypothesise?

Sorry didn't realize you knew that there is a five man shortlist - you should have told us!

Clicky

Apart from MacDonald it doesn't actually mention who else is on this five man short list and actually goes on to mention 6 other managers Hughes, Jol, Mcleish, Allardyce, Moyes and Southgate.

I'd suggest whoever wrote that article knows about as much as we do. Which is **** all.

In fact every point has been mooted on this very thread at some point today. Inside track to who?

I really hope it aint Mac. It could go back to DOL days! he reminds me abit like DOL.. sits in the dugout, hardly a half time bollocking when we need it. You just know he's going to call them a great bunch of lads!