Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Ronald Koeman said on BBC that Villa contacted his agent last week, but nothing further happened. If what he said is true, I don't understand why we'd contact him if we were desperate for someone with Prem experience..

Unless we contacted him and THEN decided.. "Actually, someone with Prem experience would be good".

I don't know much about him personally, but I read something about the fact that he's won a trophy at every club he's managed at - unless he was counting the Peace Cup or Guardiana Cup :lol:

Or we contacted him, then found people with Prem experience and better suited :winkold:

Yeah we contated him but used business manners and politeness anyone who throws their name in the hat and applies for the job the board will then contat them if they dont want that person and say thank you for showing interest but your not the type of candidate that we want to take this club forward.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's KMac then I'll be surprised but I think it will have more to do with the fact that the ideal candidate who the club have been after

is simply unavailable. And what's more I will get totally behind KMac as the players are doing.

I also hope Tony McAndrew is involved in some capacity also because he WILL put a boot up the player's backsides.

He gives the youngsters hell!

All what I've heard is that unless things have changed from Saturday then KM will not be our next manager

& I've posted who I've heard we're after.

Had MON timed it better then from what I'm hearing Mark Hughes would have been in situ, but no way would we want

a manager to walk out on a club he's just joined that would be a dishonourable act as the General has alluded to.

Had MON timed it better then from what I'm hearing Mark Hughes would have been in situ, but no way would we want

a manager to walk out on a club he's just joined that would be a dishonourable act as the General has alluded to.

I'm sure MON thinks he timed it perfectly.

If it's KMac then I'll be surprised but I think it will have more to do with the fact that the ideal candidate who the club have been after

is simply unavailable

That would really worry me on several counts, and would proberly put me in the anti lerner camp, since it would suggest we are only interested in the cheapest option/yes man.

It would also wreck the career of a respected coach and decent servant to the club.

Exactly - deliberately leaving when we had no other options to fall back on. In any other line of work if you leave without giving your notice period its a serious disciplinary issue.

That would really worry me on several counts, and would proberly put me in the anti lerner camp, since it would suggest we are only interested in the cheapest option/yes man.

It would also wreck the career of a respected coach and decent servant to the club.

wouldnt have thought so, K Mac has done i good job with the reserves im pretty sure everyone on here appreciates the guy and understands that he has been thrown in at the deep end.

Exactly - deliberately leaving when we had no other options to fall back on. In any other line of work if you leave without giving your notice period its a serious disciplinary issue.

Can you be sacked for doing so? :?

No it wouldn't worry me.. I'd take it that when a club or a manager says "NO" we respect that NO means NO.

Randy Lerner directly complained about "big bad Man City's" tactics regarding Milner, so he'd be a hypocrit if he tried the same tactics with

a manager of another PL club. However if another manager isn't happy and wants to leave, then surely that's another matter.

I also can't understand why there has been no denial from Moyes or Everton if it's all tosh, unless they think there is no need of course.

:lol:

It's probably written into the contract in most cases of employment about how much notice to give prior to termination. I suspect this is where MON made sure he had all the aces.

In 'normal' jobs it varies from 1-3 months is my understanding.

wouldnt have thought so, K Mac has done i good job with the reserves im pretty sure everyone on here appreciates the guy and understands that he has been thrown in at the deep end.

I pray your right, but i dont think a lot of us are that understanding looking back at some of the posts after Rapid and Newcastle. If we loose three on the trot, then the knives will be out.

I guess the only option is to seek compensation from MON for not giving proper notice. If the boot was on the other foot MON would want compensating if he was sacked without a years notice as stipulated in his contract. I doubt that Randy will follow this route though as it doesn't help our current predicament.

No it wouldn't worry me.. I'd take it that when a club or a manager says "NO" we respect that NO means NO.

Randy Lerner directly complained about "big bad Man City's" tactics regarding Milner, so he'd be a hypocrit if he tried the same tactics with

a manager of another PL club. However if another manager isn't happy and wants to leave, then surely that's another matter.

I also can't understand why there has been no denial from Moyes or Everton if it's all tosh, unless they think there is no need of course.

Moyes denied interest a couple of weeks ago.

So are people accusing O'Neill of leaving purposely at a time that would hurt this club now?

It certainly appears to be the case (that some are). Would seem a little odd though, given KMac's comments about MON being very helpful with his file on West Ham and talking him through it. You'd have thought that if MON was so vindictive that he's time his departure to maximise the negative impact on the club, he wouldn't go out of his way to talk the interim boss through his dossier on the upcoming opponent, would he?

So are people accusing O'Neill of leaving purposely at a time that would hurt this club now?

Even an O'Neill detractor would accept that he did a good job.

Hughes was the man to pick up the mantle and make things even better.

Had O'Neill resigned at the end of the season, the quick appointment that so many on here think is easy would have happened. No other individuals would have been interviewed and Hughes would have been installed.

If O'Neill was a bit bitter and twisted, and had an ego so huge that nobody who followed him could do better, then perhaps he would time things to leave after the obvious candidate had been appointed elsewhere.

I guess it depends on how any individual views the character of O'Neill :winkold:

I hate it when that happens. A serious disciplinary offence eh! I know - SACK HIM - oh hang on a minute.

Whether or not it was deliberate the result is the same. I'm guessing that from what we know about Mon's character he will be deriving a certain amount of satisfaction from the fact that Villa may struggle for a while due to the timing of his resignation.